Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BFB 3D Touch converted to Ramps board?

Posted by EEVEEN 
BFB 3D Touch converted to Ramps board?
April 28, 2015 12:55PM
I have in my possession a BFB 3D Touch printer which was discontinued after 3D systems took over BFB.
The system has a lot of major issues due to the software it has to use. I heard it may be possible to convert it to use another board, but I have been unable to find any information on converting a printer to another system.
Does anyone have any advice or info on this type of thing?
Re: BFB 3D Touch converted to Ramps board?
April 28, 2015 03:57PM
It should be pretty straight forward, so long as you know the current of your steppers, and the type of thermistor. You may have to replace some plugs for compatibility.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
April 28, 2015 04:00PM
Ramps 1.4 supports dual extruders, is pretty solid and affordable setup and there are hundreds of thousands of them out there, I got a ramps 1.4 board, an arduino shield board, 5 pololu's and a large lcd screen from china for 54.00 usd shipped to my door. That is what I would do, the firmware marlin is free and supports auto bed leveling as well if you are into it.
April 29, 2015 05:49PM
gmh39
It should be pretty straight forward, so long as you know the current of your steppers, and the type of thermistor. You may have to replace some plugs for compatibility.
I will start looking into what this means. My only achievements are building a printrbot simple from a kit I won.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login