Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock max 2 vs ultimaker 1 original plus.

Posted by zastin17 
Rostock max 2 vs ultimaker 1 original plus.
June 18, 2015 06:00PM
I'm looking to buy a high end 3d printer kit. And I was looking at the ultimaker because it has such amazing prints. I was also looking at the Rostock max v2. Which one has better printer quality? I know the ultimaker is rated for 20 microns. and The rostock max is rated at 50 microns. But both printers can print at 20 microns if calibrated correctly. Which printer has the best overall print quality? Ignoring the price.
Re: Rostock max 2 vs ultimaker 1 original plus.
June 18, 2015 06:04PM
I like the rostock type more. I have a printer like the ultimaker (same system) and I don't like it that much. I also guess the rostock will be quieter because of the delta system. I would go for the rostock if I had the money.

My 0,02$
June 18, 2015 09:08PM
I was a volunteer staff at a place called omsi in portland oregon. And They have a ultimaker I have messed around with. It seamed so sturdy and rigid system. The prints are perfect. But I have never seen a rostock max printing something. I need someone who has seen both to tell me which has better prints. I don't care about noise speed ect. All I care about is the quality of the prints. I'm also good at building 3d printers so building the printer will not be a problem. I also don't care about price difference. Since its not that much of a price difference.
June 19, 2015 02:03AM
Delta printers are known for potentially higher print speed, not for quality.
Some experts recommend using 0.9° steppers for deltas to get better accuracy.
Also they tend to need more service. Leveling the bed or the neccessity of accurate homing are sources of trouble.

+1 for Ultimaker
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login