Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

x axis wont home correctly

Posted by xcragex 
x axis wont home correctly
August 19, 2015 08:15PM
I have a prusa i3 kit from folgertech. Firstly, all other axis home and work correctly. I Cannot get the x axis to move away from home at any point. When i try to home x, the carriage moves about a half inch toward home then stops. If i keep hitting home x it will move one step at a time and stop on the endstop. After that the x axis will still move .1 increments toward home but not away.

First I checked my x endstop with the m119 command and everything appeared normal to my limited knowledge. I tried replacing the x driver with an extra with no change. I then plugged the y motor to the x driver and it would not move at all. When i plugged the x motor to the y driver it seemed to work as expected(i didn't attempt to home, i only moved it a few steps toward home since i didn't change the endstops).

At this point im thinking there may be a problem with the ramps board. I still have to see if maybe there is a pin misalligned between ramps and arduino (saw that in a similar post). Otherwise is it possible to run x from the second extruder driver slot?
Re: x axis wont home correctly
August 20, 2015 08:05PM
Problem solved. changed endstop settings in configuration
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login