Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis stuck - Prusa i3 [Help needed]

Posted by Bjarke 
Z-axis stuck - Prusa i3 [Help needed]
August 19, 2015 07:32PM
The title speaks for itself.

My dear printer is not very dear to me, I have never printed anything on it before, as it is not cooperating with me.

If there's anyone out there who knows how to fix this issue I'd be more then thankful

Here's a video on youtube of the problem. I figured it was easier that way then trying to explain with words
[www.youtube.com]

I really hope someone out there can help me as I was pretty excited to get started on my new hobby

thank you many times in advance.
Re: Z-axis stuck - Prusa i3 [Help needed]
August 24, 2015 12:11PM
Your stepper currents are too low for the Z-axis motors; turn the potentiometer on the stepper driver a bit clockwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2015 12:11PM by AlexY.
August 26, 2015 12:15PM
If the current isn't the problem, check if the z axis isn't binding, ie lubricate the Z nuts, and check if they're parallel. Can you turn the Z rods by hand?
September 03, 2015 11:51PM
I had the same issue with my printer when I received it. In my case, one of the sliding rods was slightly off position which was adding tension to the threaded rod on my printer's right side. After some careful modification to the frame with a drill, the sliding rod sat in the correct position and that issue went away entirely for me.

Try seeing which side gets bound up first and pull the rod up out of its bottom mount and try homing the Z axis again. If all works smoothly, then you may just have to reposition the hole a bit to get it to align properly. And depending on your case, this may need to be done with both sides.
September 09, 2015 07:48AM
I had the same problem. I first detached the treathed rods an check both stepper mothers worked. Which they didn't and then followed both other suggestions. First increased the current until the turned and then attached them one by one (don't forget the level them afterwards).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login