Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thingiverse won't work

Posted by elwood127 
Thingiverse won't work
August 31, 2015 11:08PM
Anyone had any luck publishing an item on thingiverse in the last day or so? Click to save and nothing happens.
Re: Thingiverse won't work
September 01, 2015 02:13PM
Still seeing new objects when I look, so I am assuming someone is able to post. Have you double checked to ensure all the required fields are there? Have you made it public?
September 01, 2015 07:55PM
Well, as usual it was IE 10 screwing me again. If I had a nickle for every time I, well you know. Thingiverse works fine now.
September 02, 2015 02:44PM
I published an item yesterday just fine.
September 02, 2015 08:51PM
elwood127
Well, as usual it was IE 10 screwing me again. If I had a nickle for every time I, well you know.

Even MICROSOFT gave up on IE in Windows 10!!!!! grinning smiley
September 02, 2015 09:01PM
I constantly have to revert back to IE 9 to remain usable. Anyone using Chrome or Mozilla or something else and does MS let them run? Back in the old days if you tried to use Netscape MS made it nearly impossible.
September 03, 2015 02:58PM
Thingiverse has been behaving strangely for me for the last couple of days... the automatic scrolling thing when viewing a list of items seems to break. Don't know about publishing. Running Firefox and Chrome.
September 03, 2015 03:40PM
Been getting errors from Thingiverse's database on and off all day to today. Issue appears to be on there end though, possibly a server upgrade?
September 04, 2015 09:03PM
I just visited and everything is working normal for me.
September 05, 2015 07:27AM
elwood127
Anyone using Chrome or Mozilla or something else and does MS let them run? Back in the old days if you tried to use Netscape MS made it nearly impossible.

It's the 21st century! Microsoft got their butt handed to them on a plate in court for locking out competing browsers a while back. Anyone that I know has only used IE only long enough to download Chrome or Firefox. Throw in a handful of browser plugins to block ads, Javascript and Flash, and the web is almost a safe place again.....
September 05, 2015 12:08PM
I'm glad someone can get thingiverse to work. The way they have everything on one page when you're browing just boggs my computer down. That's with a 4ghz proccessor , 8 gigs of ram a 2 gig video card and a 65 meg internet connection. As far as IE, I haven't used that in years. Like vreihen said. If I do a format I only use IE long enough to get Firefox downloaded. Then install adblock plus.
September 06, 2015 01:50AM
FYI I am using Safari browser, it's a Mac browser but you can get it for Windows as well, though Chrome would be a good choice as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 01:51AM by tmorris9.
September 10, 2015 12:18AM
I just switched to Chrome and Thingiverse worked perfectly. If it would just import my favorites. It's always something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login