Advanced

Heater error

Posted by sungod3k 
Heater error
September 20, 2015 05:28AM
Hi,

Im recently getting
ERROR] Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0

Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter halted. kill() called!
[ERROR] Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter halted. kill() called!

I already switched the cartridge out, but the error persists and the terminal gives 12V straight, thermistor also seems to ok /no unusual readings.
Also the heating curve is linear until 120C and that it flattens like the heater is running out of power and maxes out at around 200C thats usually also the point when the error message shows up.

Update: I increased the thermal protection and ran into thermal runaway. I disabled this as well but now Im asking myself why two different 40watt heaters max out at 200C? Can the wiring suck this up?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 08:59AM by sungod3k.
Re: Heater error
September 20, 2015 05:00PM
Is it really 200C? Another possibility is that your thermistor isn't seated tightly in the heater block.

Try heating to (say) 150C as per your display program, wait a few minutes, then try melting some PLA against the outside of the heater block or nozzle. If it melts readily, then it's above 150C. Or at 200C, try some ABS.
Re: Heater error
September 20, 2015 10:10PM
yeah thermistor was fine. i figured it out in the mean time. the marlin version I used had the max PID value set to 125, so as soon as it came in to the pid rage it pretended to run half power and caused all the related errors
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login