Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

usb connectio acting up

Posted by sungod3k 
usb connectio acting up
November 28, 2015 02:13AM
Hi,

since 2-3 days now I lose my usb connection really often. Im using cura and pronterface and while im setting up the printer, changing filament etc. I get timeouts on the usb connection and I have to restart the PC to correct that. I had these timeouts before, sometimes if I reconnected the printer you would get this timeout but then pulling the cable, waiting 30 secs and plugging it in would resolve it. I havent changed the cable or firmware.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Re: usb connectio acting up
November 28, 2015 02:17PM
You are getting USB resets.

Try to isolate printer power feed from computer power feed.
or
use a better power strip with good filter.

Try a powered USB hub plugged in to good power strip.

confused smiley
November 28, 2015 05:13PM
Print from SD card instead of over USB.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 29, 2015 12:02AM
I had been using a hub before and that worked normally and I tested both the hub and the direct connections and found no difference. The problem just seems to have vanished since I posted. But a good powerstrip is worth trying.
and I using a delta so display and sd slot is not an option atm.
November 29, 2015 01:50AM
If you are running a delta then I suggest you get a decent 32 bit electronics board with built in SD card. However, even the ancient Arduino/RAMPS is just about capable of driving a delta printer with a 20x4 text LCD attached.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 29, 2015 01:57AM
Yeah im on that. Im in reclamation talk with replikeo for my defective duet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login