Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help

Posted by yar60 
help
October 27, 2015 11:02PM
I have an Prusa Mendel I3 and trying to figure out a problem?????? it goes to the center and starts to print, it makes the first layer movies inside and makes the second lap, Now the fun starts it kepts making layers (making a pill box hexagon shape) except it kept moving to the left each layed about a 1/4 to the left and finly back and forth on the left side. I use CURA and have loaded the firmware up-dated CURA checked for other up-dates, I have checked and rechecked more time than I can count i'm at a point about ready to put it back in the box and pawn it off.. any one help....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 11:02PM by yar60.
Re: help
October 27, 2015 11:15PM
Try Slic3r and see what happens.
October 28, 2015 08:35AM
Post a picture of it.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 31, 2015 12:55PM
here is a picture of how it prints. i would sure like to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Attachments:
open | download - send 1.jpg (17.8 KB)
October 31, 2015 05:59PM
Cura has some hiccups. I stop running it because (out of the blue) it wouldn't extrude. It went through all the motions but no filament laid down.
December 04, 2015 12:54AM
I had a shifting problem also on the x axis. Turns out I turned up the polulu pot a little and problem solved.
December 05, 2015 05:26PM
Sound like i have the same problem on my Prusa I3, was using latest version of Slicer, then moved to Cura, but mine starts printing good, then darts off to the right, then moves back to the print and continues where it left off, it also slides off to the back in the Y axis, and also just stops...
I put a video of it on youtube at [youtu.be], check it out, is it the same problem you all are having. If anyone knows why mine does this... Help!

Im have a Hexagon Hotend, 0.4mm nozzle, 1.75" filiment, Rambo 1.1b board and a led display, dual power supplies, one for the board, one for the 8 x 12 heatbed via a relay...
December 05, 2015 09:35PM
I had to crank up the x axis polulu to full on.
I also have extruder gear binding and cogging. New herringbone on the way.
You filament reverses out because the firmware isn't set in correctly.
Or this is the same mystery as your x and y shoot offs. Which is BSCP( B.S. computer problem).
I would try pronterface as an alternate test. Also the reprap rest code.
December 09, 2015 10:18PM
UPDATE.... I have my problem fixed, I disabled "Use WatchDog" in Marlins configuration.adv.h tab, I've been printing great since then, no more odd movements. Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 10:28PM by Glenn B.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login