Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NOOB needs help!

Posted by zwicker 
NOOB needs help!
February 02, 2016 08:11PM
Bought and assembled my Prusa 2020 i3 from Folger tech 2 weeks ago and have been fighting with it ever since. I haven't gotten even a single print from it yet. I am using Marlin firmware with Repetier Host and the heated bed on the Y axis won't move. I plugged the motor into a different output on the Arduino and it worked when I used the manual controls in Repetier. What might be the problem? Also When I tell it to home the X and Z axis don't stop when they hit the endstops. Any help would be great. If I forgot to something just ask.
Re: NOOB needs help!
February 03, 2016 02:06PM
Do you have heat sinks on the driver chips? Did it ever work more or less correctly even once?

Check your limit switches. (end stop switches) and make sure they are plugged in correctly to the board. Some connectors can be plugged in the wrong way though I am not familiar with the Folger. I have an i3 also but it is a Sunhokey.

Could be a bad driver chip for the Y axis. Check the board around the driver for solder bridges, etc. and also around the motor lead connection.

GrowleyMonster
Honemeister, Razorsmith, EV guy. Go ahead, ask me something.
Re: NOOB needs help!
February 03, 2016 02:23PM
Hi Zwicker
I just ran across a guide that has a lot of info for Prusa I3's. Even though it isn't your exact model it does have a lot of details that could help.
See Constructing a 3D Printer [Prusa I3].

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login