Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hello looking for advice

Posted by wampablo 
hello looking for advice
February 22, 2016 03:20PM
Hello all,

Recently joined this forum to get to learn a bit more about 3d printing. I`ve printed a few things both for myself and for work.
I`d like you to take a look at my printer I`ve noticed there has been a lot of flack regarding this printer on here but honestly it`s not been that much trouble for me pretty much built it and started printing right away, then I started to notice the odd thing being a miss this just turned out to be bad calibration and ignorance on my part. Anyway now I have my printer running kind of how I want it id like to move away from the cheap Chinese parts that its made of. I`ve already ditched the thick aluminium plate and replaced it with glass straight on top of the heat bed. anyway heres the printer any input ,links or ideas is greatly received.

thanks for looking.

[gIAAOSwu4BV4wCK" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 04:21PM by wampablo.
Re: hello looking for advice
February 22, 2016 03:55PM
Depends upon what more do you wish it do with it.

Looking at the Tech specs it looks like a fairly good I3 kit.
How thick was the aluminium plate? As I have a 2-3mm one upon my printer, with glass plate upon the top; this helps with heat distribution over the print bed.
Have you tried printing with ABS and getting the bed temperature above 110 degrees C?

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
February 22, 2016 04:13PM
I cant seem to get my bed above 90 but I am printing ABS yes with a little warping. the aluminium was thick about 5/6mm ish. I just want to upgrade power supply hot end basically everything except the frame and board.
February 22, 2016 06:53PM
I have a similar printer, Z605. The best thing I did was bolt the feet to a 1" board. It almost completely eliminated chassis wobble. Don't forget to cut a window in the board to access the Y belt and chassis nuts.
February 26, 2016 04:07PM
I cant say ive suffered from chassis wobble it does seem quite stable. I would however be interested in upping the power to the heat bed in an attempt to keep a higher temperature. I can get my bed up to 100 but it falls as soon as I start to print.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login