Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Purchase relevant things for Implementing Diamond hot nozzle

Posted by Amanullah47 
Purchase relevant things for Implementing Diamond hot nozzle
January 07, 2016 12:03AM
Hi,
I am doing my masters in International Islamic University Malaysia.
For my Research purpose I am using a CARTESEAN 3 axes Robot. For controlling this I am using LabVIEW, NI- PCI-7344 and UMI 7764 cards for motion control. Now, I have to implement a the diamond hot end multi-nozzle. So what are things I have to buy. Please suggest me as soon as possible.
Here i am attaching my machines figure
with regards
Amanullah Tomal
Attachments:
open | download - Machine.jpg (614.1 KB)
Re: Purchase relevant things for Implementing Diamond hot nozzle
January 07, 2016 08:19AM
You need 3 bowden extruders and 3 stepper drivers, one for each extruder,

See http://dustsreprap.blogspot.co.nz/2015/08/playing-with-diamond-hotend.html for what I did, includes links to parts list for extruder

Since your running non standard hardware, you also need to find a way to turn the hotend and heated bed on and of and maintain their software set temperature.
Maybe a Industrial PID controller (sorry cant recommend any, I've only played with standard reprap controllers)

NB I found my diamond head leaks from the threaded connections. I would advise you consider what im planning (when I get time..), That is soft copper washers in each hole and PTFE tape around the threads

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 08:24AM by Dust.
March 09, 2016 02:40AM
Thanks a lot for your reply.
March 09, 2016 04:25AM
I was planning to buy the following things.
will these meet my requirements?
please check the following links

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

Actually i am new in this field.
March 09, 2016 04:43AM
A ramps is designed for x,y,z and e0 and e1 if used in the normal manor, ie you need to hack on a e2 axis (this isnt difficult)

Please don’t buy that "diamond hot end", it is stolen from the real diamond head guys. They have not licensed it and don’t give any credit or anything to the real developers. (its also a shoddy copy and probably doesn’t work well)
get a real one from [reprap.me]
March 10, 2016 11:28PM
I second what Dust says about buying the Diamond from reprap.me, not only is it the genuine article but the quality is great. I have just taken delivery of my Diamond from them and it really is a brilliant piece of kit. You can put together a complete kit for the Diamond on your printer on that page or just buy the hot end and put the rest of it together from other suppliers, your choice. I worked through the page and put together what I needed and was pleasantly surprised at the price it was very competitive with UK prices for the rest of the kit. Service was fantastic, I could not rate it high enough, I ordered at 0900 in the morning the complete order was with the courier at 1500 the same day. Normal delivery (not special) was here (in the UK) by 1100 on 2nd working day, I wish I could could get that kind of service from retailers in the UK!
All I have to do now is put it all together, when the wife will let me go and play and stop finding jobs for me to do. grinning smiley

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with reprap.me, and this was my first (but not my last) order with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 12:03AM by nightlurker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login