Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 Dual Extruder Setup Issues

Posted by Stratyk 
Prusa i3 Dual Extruder Setup Issues
April 24, 2016 07:46PM
Hi Everybody,

I have a Folgertech Prusa i3, on a Ramps 1.4 with Marlin and I use Repetier-Host to control it. I am attempting to convert it to a dual extruder Bowden setup, and I can't seem to get the second extruder to work, although the first works just fine.

This is my problem:

I am not getting a reading in Repetier-Host for the thermistor of the second extruder. It is at a constant 100C.
When I turn on the cartridge heater for the second extruder in Repetier-Host, the cartridge heater does not heat up.

This is what I have done:

For the second extruder, I connected the wires from the thermistor to the pins for T2 and the wires for the cartridge heater to D9.
I have not updated anything in the Marlin firmware.
In Repetier-Host, I selected that there are two extruders, and a second extruder is indicated under the 'manual controls' tab.

This is what I have double checked:

I confirmed the second thermistor works because it indicates a proper temperature reading when plugging it in both T0 and T1.
I confirmed the second cartridge heater works because it heats up when connected to D10.

I apologize in advance if this is an amateur question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. If somebody could at least point me in the right direction, or let me know if there is something I did not include in my post, I would really appreciate it, and hopefully it would help somebody else coming across a similar problem.

Thanks
Re: Prusa i3 Dual Extruder Setup Issues
April 25, 2016 03:37AM
I use Repetier for firmware not marlin but in the repetier firmware I need to configure the second extruder, even switch it on, because the firmware needs to start controlling the second extruder.
You probably also need to check which digital out is switching the heater, which digital in is used for the sensor, which pins are used for the stepper driver, some are by default correct.

So I expect that you need to change your configuration file to get it working.

P3steel DXL, with Due/RADDS/Raps128 dual Wade's extruder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login