Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-Stop Issue.[FIXED.]

Posted by OfficialZander 
Z-Stop Issue.[FIXED.]
June 07, 2016 04:07PM
Hello there,

I have been having an issue with my printer for the last couple of days where my z-stop is constantly triggered in the on/closed position. It is not the switch as I have moved it to other axis to check if it worked and it preformed just like it should on the z-axis. I have seen a few other people with the same problem and I would like to find a solution for us all any ideas or solutions are welcome, and if anyone needs any more info just ask.

update 1: M119 code output when switch is closed/open: x-min: L y-min: L z-min: H
Update 2: changed switch wire from no to nc with no change.(Do I need to switch the wire on the connector for that to work?)
update 3: Grabed my multimeater. the pins that are used on the other switches read out to be just under 5v but the Z axis pins that are used read to be around 2v.

I found out there are resistors which are nessasary to determin which position the switch is in. My z-stop 103(smd) resistor was faulty so I put a through hole 10kohm resistor on the leads of the broken resistor and that solved my problem.

Here is the rudimentary fix:

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 10:18PM by OfficialZander.
Re: Z-Stop Issue.[FIXED.]
June 07, 2016 09:40PM
What board is that? Most micro-controllers have internal pull-up resistors that can be configured in software. I guess maybe the 32 bit cpus don't have that?

edit: ah, those look like current limit resistors for the leds, and the processor is a good old atmega. How very strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 09:43PM by JamesK.
June 07, 2016 10:23PM
It is called the ANET v1.0. It is a cheap Chinese one. Link to printer. Do you have any suggestions for better/newer boards?
June 08, 2016 07:18AM

Do you have any suggestions for better/newer boards?

I've only used cheap mega2560/ramps clones, but I hear a lot of good things about both duet and smoothie boards. They are a big step up in price though.

Couldn't find a schematic for your board in the brief time available, there must be something very strange about the setup for it to behave the way it did. Possibly the internal pull-ups for the endstops aren't turned on and should be, and it's currently working off the voltage that's coming through the resistor/led chain.
June 08, 2016 06:29PM
I'll check out those boards. I also couldn't find any schematics for it as well although I did confirm that it is a Chinese clone so I don't think they are going to or have released the schematic. .
June 08, 2016 08:20PM
I forgot a couple of important points - welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting what you found. It could save someone a lot of time if they run into this problem smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login