Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

any one please help me out ...

Posted by vsbora 
any one please help me out ...
August 10, 2012 04:09AM
hello friends ..
I am working in a cnc machine which take the input from cad machine and output in our object . I am using arduino , and stepper motor .
I am able to generate G-code . but i don't know how arduino can understand the g-code .
is there any arduino gcode interpreter . plse tell me what i have to do ?????
Re: any one please help me out ...
August 10, 2012 04:26AM
i am new to reprap ... i think you mean a software to read gcode and spit it out to the arduino, which needs a firmware?

try search reprap wiki and look for the 2 things : software and arduino
August 22, 2012 07:21AM
I am try to search .. but i can not find any thing i want a code which can convert the gcode in to arduino understandable .........
August 22, 2012 02:51PM
Reprap machines mainly use firmware called sprinter or marlin which can be found on github, they might be adapted to work with your project.
August 22, 2012 06:53PM
There arn't any arduino based cnc controlers. Keep in mind that in order to control a printer you only use rapid and straight line moves. Also if a printer malfunctions no one will get hurt. A cnc machine has far more complicated moves requiring a high speed controller. Lets say you are talking a home CNC machine. You have the choices of Mach3 parallel to a stepper driver or mach3 to a USB driver like Smooth stepper. There are about a handful USB based controllers that accept G-Code to drive home CNC's. In the end they are only slightly higher in cost to an Arduino with a custom sheild.
VDX
August 23, 2012 02:45AM
... I'm sometimes driving my Isel-CNC-mill with a RAMPS 1.2 (Arduino 2560 with shield) simply by exchanging the Isel interface-/controllercard card by an adapter-card, that wires the right pins (motors and end-/limit-switches) to the backplane of the CNC-controller.

With the Isel-card the used softwares are either the original Isel-CAM's or other CAM's capable of exporting NCP-code for Isel-mills or common G-code.

With RAMPS I use pronterface or repetier with slightly optimized/modified G-code for 3D-printing and/or laser-engraving ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login