Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrude without preheating?

Posted by Bad Wolf 
Extrude without preheating?
September 30, 2016 07:30AM
Just trying to extrude some filament to calibrate the extruder on my new Geeetech Prusa i3 mk8. I can take the nozzle off so it comes straight through, but I don't want to heat up the hot end or the filament will melt. Is there a setting in configuration.h that I can make that will allow it to ignore the safety setting and allow it to extrude unheated?
Re: Extrude without preheating?
September 30, 2016 10:07AM
If your using Marlin you can send a M302 command to allow a cold extrude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 10:11AM by Shank man.
September 30, 2016 06:44PM
Thanks Shank man, yes I am using Marlin (Marlin-PI3_Pro_B ), although I am new to it, so could you please explain what that command might look like and where I would execute it from.
September 30, 2016 08:05PM
Hello. Here's a picture of the Pronterface
Command bar Enter it there and hit send.You should be able to run your extruder motors without heating the hot end.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160930_195943-1.jpg (384 KB)
September 30, 2016 09:51PM
Thanks found this when I Googled M302 parameters [reprap.org]
I was looking for the parameters to tell me how to extrude X amount, but it seems the M302 (plus params) just allows the cold extrusion, then I have to either use a separate command line to tell it how much to extrude, or simply use the extruder jog control (using simplify 3D).
October 01, 2016 07:14AM
if you
M302
G1 E100 F2400

that will feed 100mm of filament if your e steps are calibrated correctly only thing above is the feedrate you may have to adjust it to suit your setup

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login