Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface end of print "Resend: 1"

Posted by RBol 
Pronterface end of print "Resend: 1"
June 01, 2017 09:30AM
I am having a strange issue at the end of nearly every print. The file prints great without issue but at the end I see a command in pronterface "Resend: 1" and it tries to print the same file again. If I'm not at the printer when it finishes, it will hit the part it just printed. Any suggestion?
Re: Pronterface end of print "Resend: 1"
June 01, 2017 10:36AM
What are you using for a slicer? Are you printing from the SD card or over the USB connection?
June 01, 2017 10:59AM
Cura 2.5, USB connection, 250K baud, Rumba board. The prints are great but I always have to watch the ending
June 01, 2017 01:57PM
Well, I refuse to print over the USB connection because your PC can kill your print. What is your finish G code? You can have preset instructions in your ending g code that will turn off your printer or disable the motors. Either would cure your problem. I am sure there is a problem with the interface that thinks it hasn't printed yet, but finding that problem may be difficult.
June 01, 2017 02:48PM
I'm going through the Ending GCODE and will simplify it. I think you may be correct because when I attempt to move the head after the print it does give me an error code that says the printer in still printing. I'm 80% the way through another printer build whereby I'll be using a Raspberry Pi so this may not be an issue...eventually. I think there may be a GCODE that can clear buffers, or I'll try slowing the baud rate down.

Might be worth getting an LCD to run the SD Card aspects but it's something I've never done before. Thanks, I'll let you know how this turns out...
June 02, 2017 09:53AM
I am also looking to go to the Raspberry Pi, but there is still an interface. Does your control have an SD card slot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 09:54AM by cwaa.
June 02, 2017 11:01AM
I went home last night and aligned the Baud rates on the com port and firmware. We'll see if that helps. In the meantime, I purchased an LCD 2004 Display Module for $15 which has an SD reader (aliexpress).
June 02, 2017 12:58PM
The SD card will not work well if it has any length to the cables. My SD card is built into the controller. When I added an LCD the internal SD works fine, but the one on the LCD doesn't and in trying to fix it, I found a lot of information about the cable problem.
June 02, 2017 01:02PM
wolfmanjm

7/7/15

Re: [smoothieware-support:1879] Re: Sd card ext and sd can see folders but not files

With the GLCD you have no options about where the sdcard extern channel goes, it must be channel 1.

If you can see directories but no files, sounds like a file corruption of some sort or file naming problem.

However I must caution you that using the external SDcard and even connecting it the smoothie board can cause both the internal and external sdcard to behave inconsistently. SPI is not designed to run over long cables. You basically have added an antenna to the fast SPI data lines. I am not saying this is your problem, but I highly recommend not connecting the external sdcard at all.

Also accessing the sdcard from the host and from smoothie will corrupt the card. the sdcard should be unmounted from the host at all times. When you copy a file from the host to smoothie over the MSD

you should reset smoothie after safely ejecting the card from the host.

This is just basic MSD stuff, which cannot be accessed concurrently from two sources.
June 05, 2017 09:33AM
Thank you for the SD card tips. I've align the baud rates in the com port I'm using with the Marlin settings both are at 115200 and that fixed the issue. The original setting on the COM port was only around the 5200 so the computer thought the printer was still printing. I'm getting a slight stuttering during the print but I believe its due to a buffer underun so I'll bias the speeds to one side so that doesn't happen.

I'm currently waiting for the LCD/SD reader to arrive, it's from China so it will take a while. Is it possible to set the communication speeds on the SD reader aspects? I know that high speeds can be impacted by distances of the connection, so maybe by lowering the rate you can lengthen stable communication.

I've never had to get involved in blogs for help until now and it's nice to see how much help is out there.

The other project I've started is a Laser cutting (Benbox type). The Chinese software is not installing, so on to the next issue........

thank you...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login