Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-axis won't go home - Pronterface

Posted by TheLizards 
X-axis won't go home - Pronterface
September 26, 2013 07:35PM
Whatsup Guys,

I have built my first Mendel and really excited to get printing. I'm having trouble debugging a pronterface and/or sprinter problem however. I'm using ramps 1.4 and mechanical endstops. Using the pronterface GUI, I can get the Y-Home and Z-home buttons to go to home properly, but when I click X-home nothing happens. The full HOME button moves Y and Z to home, but once again X doesn't move. When manually sending M119, the endstops seem to be responding correctly -> if I click home I get X:L Y:H Z:H. And if I physically depress the X endstop and send M119 I get X:H Y:H Z:H. Not sure where to go from here, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

-Maseo
Re: X-axis won't go home - Pronterface
September 26, 2013 08:41PM
If you click in pronterface to move the x axis left or right does it move? If not, check wiring and then try swapping pololus. Swap x motor to a different axis, but dont use the home button to test. Just arrows for manual move movements. Make sure no pins are bent between ramps and arduino.

Check firmware config. I there are settings in there for inverting end stops.
September 27, 2013 11:34AM
Thanks for the reply. X moves properly left and right using the pronterface buttons, so I'm pretty sure I have everything connected correctly. What's baffling is that the endstop is giving the correct response (L or H), and X moves in the right directions using the buttons, but the X-Home doesn't work. I'm guessing there is something in the firmware that is screwed up (inverting endstops?) I just don't know what, any suggestions on what to look for? Is there a way to check that the X-Home button is sending the correct signal to ramps? Thanks!

-Maseo
September 27, 2013 04:59PM
Try entering the X home instruction yourself in the G Code window: G28 X0
September 28, 2013 04:53AM
Post your config.h file for perusal.

September 29, 2013 10:41AM
Entering G28 X0 does not work either. G28 Y0 and G28 Z0 work properly. Attached is a txt file of my sprinter configuration.h. Still have not solved this problem, thanks for your help!
Attachments:
open | download - config_text.txt (17.9 KB)
September 29, 2013 08:40PM
Why do you have X home set to 1=max in the firmware?
Also,are your endstops wired C and NC? You stated that if you manually depress the X home microswitch, it reads high - it should be low.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
//// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR 1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

September 29, 2013 09:04PM
Well I have the X endstop on the right side of the machine, so at the most positive end of the x-axis. When the Y and Z endstop switches are depressed they also read high. If click the HOME button on pronterface, Y and Z will go home, X won't move, and M119 reports..

>>>M119
SENDING:M119
x_min:L y_min:H z_min:H

then if I physically depress the X endstop with the machine in the same position I get..

>>>M119
SENDING:M119
x_min:H y_min:H z_min:H

Thoughts?
September 30, 2013 05:57AM
Actually, I got that wrong regarding L and H - what I meant was, what was the status of the switch with a meter.
Can you check your endstop (disconnected) with a meter for zero ohms not switched and 'open circuit' when depressed

October 26, 2013 06:35AM
wrong post, please delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2013 06:49AM by woo.
Re: X-axis and extruder motor not working
September 29, 2015 01:52PM
Helo.
I build my own 3D printer and I stuck on X axis and extruder.
I applied a marlin firmware and all work properly. However the X axis and extruder motor are not working on pronterface test.
I tested the motors and their corresponding drivers on Y and Z axis and work just fine.
I am thinking that something is wrong with the firmware.
I attached my marlin code as is now if any one can find an error or a mistake that I do not see since I am not a programmer.
Pleaseee HELP
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin.ino (1.8 KB)
October 07, 2017 07:24PM
Sorry to necro this post, but I had the same issue with my 8" Pegasus from Makerfarm and found a solution that no one said outright in this thread. X axis was working, but wouldn't home. I don't know why it worked, but switching the X direction and changing the X home direction to -1 fixed the problem for me. I guess it just doesn't like "#define X_HOME_DIR 1"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login