Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re SDP-SI stuff

Posted by redreprap 
re SDP-SI stuff
September 09, 2012 11:01AM
does anyone know anyone at SDP-SI well?

i have placed some orders with them and trying to track my shipment, but its all zero replies after they got my $$$ sad smiley
Re: re SDP-SI stuff
September 09, 2012 11:57AM
I have never had a problem with them. Give them a call. I'm sure they'll resolve your issue.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
September 09, 2012 01:21PM
aaarrrgh calling = international toll charge for me lol

akhlut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never had a problem with them. Give them a
> call. I'm sure they'll resolve your issue.
September 09, 2012 02:07PM
I feel your pain. I've been waiting for some motors (Wantai) and couplers (some company) from china for a few weeks now and according to Ebay, I probably have another week of waiting. But just for the record, and maybe to ease your concerns a little, SDP has been around for a while, they're a reliable company and are not a "fly-by-night" operation by any measure.

They have reps all over the world, so it's likely you can voice your concerns or questions without an international call to the US or elsewhere...Let them take the "hit" for calling home.
September 09, 2012 03:42PM
Bought some synchromesh cable and pulleys from them before. No problems, They are a reputable company
September 09, 2012 06:04PM
I have gotten pulleys and belts from them with no issues.. They are a pretty big company so sometimes small orders take a little longer.

Devon
September 09, 2012 06:17PM
I've ordered from them a number of times. They ship fast, although they tend to use more expensive shipping than really necessary. They have really high quality products though, and are USA made rather than Chinese, which is nice. On the occasion that I have emailed them though, I never got a response. I'm sure calling them would be a better option.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 16, 2012 10:18PM
looks like i have to play the wait and see ...
September 25, 2012 05:45AM
Oooooohhhh Noooooo ...

emails to them ended up in sending failure today ... did they went bankrupt? means my $100++ order is gone sad smiley ...

*edit* ok maybe some one from there saw this ... i got replied right now LOL ...
anyway my shipment is missing for 6 weeks, and a new order didnt get processed for over 2 weeks ... sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 09:31AM by redreprap.
September 26, 2012 10:45AM
I have used them for years, both for home projects and for project material for work. Totally professional, serious vendor. I would not panic on losing your money with them, though apparently, it may take time to resolve.
September 28, 2012 05:13AM
Gah ~~~

im put on hold again (as in no replies thru emails) ... 7th week and nothing on my first order ... 3rd week trying to order something else and it does not seem to bother that people have to wait 3 weeks to get a $200 bucks order done? ... if it ships will i have to wait till next year?

this is really frustrating ...

can you do me a favor and call them and ask them what the hell is taking them so long? nvm joking ! (but if you do, give them a piece of my mind for me ... )

*yanking hair out*

everything is waiting for those damn SDP-SI parts ... this is the first time ebay stuff arrives so much earlier than specialized store parts.

"
I have someone looking into the order that shipped in August. The thing is
with shipping USPS, it's the most economic in cost but the least reliable in
shipping.

Cxxxxs0646 did not make it on the system but I can place it for you.
Do you have a UPS freight account number that you want to use? And please
provide the credit cars info for this order.

Michele Mastran
Estore Customer Service Consultant
Designatronics,Inc
support@sdp-si.com
"

so they are saying i can order whatever but it may not ship out to me due to postal failure? WTF ??? this is so damn stupid ... does anyone have an alternate ordering source for belts and pulleys ?

mars bonfire Wrote:
> I have used them for years, both for home projects
> and for project material for work. Totally
> professional, serious vendor. I would not panic
> on losing your money with them, though apparently,
> it may take time to resolve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 05:25AM by redreprap.
October 03, 2012 08:31AM
well i still got nothing from SDP-SI after their last email to try to find my lost shipment and finalize my 2nd order ...

so i decided to give a few googled sources a few shots of email and try my luck ... (including chinese sites)

well it seems i found a "B&B manufacturing" which i though is giving me a really nice quick email reply and some very nice pricing as well. though i share this with all of you out there. (the chinese sites wants me to buy 1000 pieces LOL)

just a price sample : a 24tooth pulley for HTD3 is approx $8+++

looks like my PLA "CNC" machine is going to get its legs and feet soon grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 08:34AM by redreprap.
October 03, 2012 11:41AM
Must admit I am surprised at your problem with them.

Another source (though more limited selection) is www.mcmaster.com ...they have cogged pulleys and belts but maybe not exactly what you need.
October 03, 2012 01:59PM
hmmm i need the HTD3/5 belt variety. thanks for the info tho grinning smiley ... from some of the design reworks ... looks like i be going HTD5 series, cos 1 of the belts are going around over 2.5 metres

mars bonfire Wrote:
> Must admit I am surprised at your problem with
> them.
>
> Another source (though more limited selection) is
> www.mcmaster.com ...they have cogged pulleys and
> belts but maybe not exactly what you need.
October 03, 2012 02:48PM
If you order a long length of belt from McMaster Carr, make sure you specify that it has to be continuous in the comments box.
I ordered 20ft at one point and they shipped it as a 5 ft length and a 15ft length.....
October 04, 2012 06:44AM
o wow ... splice-able belts? they must think we are geniuses in belting technbology ...

tnx for the tip, but nope im not ordering with mcmaster. i should be doing it from B&B manufacturing [www.bbman.com] , still checking if they have stock on some of the belts, and then i guess i am set (fingers crossed hopefully nothing else will go wrong LOL)

Polygonhell Wrote:
> If you order a long length of belt from McMaster
> Carr, make sure you specify that it has to be
> continuous in the comments box.
> I ordered 20ft at one point and they shipped it as
> a 5 ft length and a 15ft length.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login