Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues upgrading delta printer from Ramps Plus2 board to Einsy Retro1.0a

Posted by Raxius 
Issues upgrading delta printer from Ramps Plus2 board to Einsy Retro1.0a
August 15, 2019 01:26AM
I have a Flsun Kossel Delta printer that I'm trying to upgrade the motherboard on.
It came with a Ramps Plus2 board.
I got an Einsy Retro 1.0a board at a Lulzbot garage sale, so I wanted to put it into the Delta.

I got everything rewired, plugged in, changed the board and driver types in marlin, turned it on, and not much happened.
The fans start to run, but the LCD doesn't turn on and remains unresponsive.
The amber light on the board flashes when I turn the knob, so it's reacting somehow.

I'm really not sure of where to go from here. Does anyone have any ideas?
Re: Issues upgrading delta printer from Ramps Plus2 board to Einsy Retro1.0a
August 15, 2019 02:35AM
Many boards have the LCD plugs on flipped 180 degrees, so moving a LCD from one board to another results in the LCD not working.

Its looks like this is the case here

This page for the Plus2 [img.alicdn.com] shows the gnd and +5v on pins 9 and 10
where as this page for the Einsy retro [github.com] shows power is on pins 1 and 2
August 15, 2019 03:15AM
Dust
This page for the Plus2 [img.alicdn.com] shows the gnd and +5v on pins 9 and 10
where as this page for the Einsy retro [github.com] shows power is on pins 1 and 2

Good call. I cut off the tabs on the plugs so I could flip them around and at least it has power now, but no display. Looking at those schematics, it also looks like the TX and RX pins are in different spots too. Is that something that can be fixed in marlin? If not it'd probably easier to order a new LCD that's more compatible.
August 15, 2019 03:28AM
When you installed marlin, did you install the required einsy rambo arduino plugins?

Without these the lcd will not work.

see [reprap.org]

You then must select Rambo and your board type in the arduino IDE and compile like normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2019 03:28AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login