Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RUMBA board power

Posted by DrJonnyT 
RUMBA board power
August 20, 2020 03:25PM
Hiya I am building my first rig using a RUMBA board that I got from Ooznest UK. The board looks slightly different to the one I found on the wiki. Compare the image of the one on the wiki with the one I have. The power pins next to the USB header are actually holes. There are also other pins further north, just to the left of where you put the stepper motor drivers. One of these is marked 5V, the other is not very obvious what it is. Is one of these where I attach a 5V cable so I can use ATX power? I have tried running with the jumper on USB power with a 12V supply connected but it's not moving the motor. I assume this is because the jumper is in the wrong position...Also no idea what the 3 unmarked sets of pins are just to the left of the jumper for USB versus ATX power.

Anyway, any advice would be very much appreciated!
Cheers!
Re: RUMBA board power
August 20, 2020 10:08PM
The 3 jumper are a standard 6 pin SPI header, so with a programming device you can code upload directly to the MPU (this is how the boot loader is installed)
Re: RUMBA board power
August 23, 2020 09:11AM
OK cool. For reference I plugged the 5V from my ATX power supply into the leftmost 5V pins (the ones next to PS_ON) using the floppy cable and it seems to work in that the board has power when you set the jumper to stand-alone power
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login