Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin vs Sprinter

Posted by Grogyan 
Marlin vs Sprinter
October 17, 2012 04:06AM
This is a continuation of this topic
Printing Weirdness

What I have done is tried to give Sprinter, to see if I could replicate the problem with that firmware, however, Sprinter, even with the exact same setup from Marlin, Sprinter refuses to read my hot end via a MAX6675.
Marlin does read the MAX6675 just fine.

In 5 days I will be showing off the RepRap project at the Tangleball Makerspace open day, and i'm no closer to finding out what is wrong with Marlin, and even further away from Sprinter running.

Sprinter reads no hot end, thusly reporting that the hot end is at 500C
The pin for the bed, ie
TEMP_0_PIN is set to -1 // Not using a hot bed
The pin for the hot end, ie
HEATER_0_PIN is set to -1 // Does not compile in Arduino 1.1, and anything else reads (0/1/2) 500C in PronterFace

And for Marlin, I did a short video documenting some progress.
Risky Print
Produced a failed print, completely unuseable.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 04:10AM by Grogyan.
Re: Marlin vs Sprinter
October 17, 2012 04:24AM
I was in a similar situation a few months ago with a deadline looming. I tried a hail-Mary and swapped out both marlin and pronterface for repetier firmware and repetier host. I followed the repetier firmware instructions to the letter and replaced the arduino code for serial communication with the updated version prior to compiling the firmware. I was completely shocked when everything worked on the first try and the communication errors almost completely went away. Your mileage may vary.
Re: Marlin vs Sprinter
October 18, 2012 09:02PM
lower comms rate significantly, don't have any electrically noisy things in your house running (power tools etc), close all other programs running on your pc, and put your pc in max power mode (disable any power saving options), solder a large capacitor across the power terminals of the arduino, one of these should help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login