Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem playing BitsFromBytes tutorial

Posted by jonwise 
Problem playing BitsFromBytes tutorial
September 01, 2008 04:59AM
My build from laser-cut parts is going well but I cannot play the Extruder Drive Assembly Tutorial from BitsFromBytes. I have tried using Linux and 3 varieties of Windows operating systems but the playback always stops after 1 min 53 seconds. The Heater Barrel Tutorial works fine.

Does this Flash movie work for anyone else? Any hints towards seeing the remainder of the tutorial would be appreciated.

Jon Wise
Re: Problem playing BitsFromBytes tutorial
September 01, 2008 10:29AM
The info in the .swf file says it's 407.29 MB but the directory listing and download results show it as 23.0 MB. I suspect the copy on the server is incomplete.

[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
Extruder assembly.swf 29-Aug-2008 16:09 24.0M
Extruder assembly1.swf 29-Aug-2008 16:08 3.1M
Extruder drive assem..> 29-Aug-2008 16:09 23.0M
darwin.swf 29-Aug-2008 16:08 2.1M
September 02, 2008 02:50PM
We are aware of this and it's on the ToDo list. Hopefully this week. Although most people get 23 minutes of it.

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
sid
September 02, 2008 06:31PM
Ian,
if it helps I can (at the end of next week)
try to recode some rawfiles to proper flvs.

So if you want me to try, maybe you can upload the rawmaterial to a filehost of your choice (rapidshare or similar) and link it from there.
I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I cannot be faster than that.

'sid
Anonymous User
October 09, 2008 07:55AM
Just to let everyone know that this link has now been fixed and a great new tutorial split into easy to navigate sections has been put up. Much better - thanks Ian!

David
October 09, 2008 02:42PM
No Problem we are about to put up revised X carriage instruction very soon also (hopefully tomorrow)

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login