Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Converting CubePro to RepRap

Posted by oBezruki 
Converting CubePro to RepRap
January 17, 2022 07:40AM
Hey everyone,

I recently procured a cubepro duo for cheap and I like it so far. My biggest disappointment in the machine is the proprietary slicing software and the inability to control print speed.
I’ve been lurking around the forum and I can’t believe the amount of useful information on here, I’ve done quite a bit of research and it is hard for me to get a baseline on what exactly I will need to do. The issue im having the most trouble with is the main board, which one should I use? I see some support 2 or even 3 extrudes and that is something I would like to attempt at making work.
Right now the best options are looking like a smoothieboard or a replicape.
Any guidance on the build and the electronics would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe we can turn this thread into a complete conversion guide for anyone else looking online to do the same? I can’t find 1 good solid thread of people modifying these things.

I look forward to learning from a great community of people.

Jake
Re: Converting CubePro to RepRap
January 17, 2022 09:30AM
Jump to here and read

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 17, 2022 11:39AM
Ive read through that feed, and a few other ones I found through links, but it doesn’t show anything ever coming to fruition, just a concept, if I wasn’t a noob at open source hardware and software I would attempt something and post my results. Maybe someone can help mentor me? I reached out to TommyDee to see if that board ended up becoming a thing
January 18, 2022 02:23AM
Duet 3 Mini can support 2 extruders as it comes, and up to 4 extruders with the 2 driver daughter board. It's available in WiFi and Ethernet versions.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login