Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help...[SOLVED]

Posted by zanahade 
Need help...[SOLVED]
November 07, 2012 08:59PM
One of my co workers brought in what appears to be a reprap of some sort last year, but couldn't figure out how to get it working. When I came on board with the company, I offered to help. Now I am a newb but I have been interested in building my own reprap for some time, so this looked like a good opportunity to get my feet wet. Now, I have X, Y, and Z moving, also the extruder is extruding. My co worker is using Repsnapper on his Windows & laptop to print. I pulled a cal cube from Thiniverse, converted to Gcode, and fired it off to print. The printer draws a 45 deg. line for about 40mm and then stops, lifts up in the Z, then X and Y return to home, like it is saying that it is done. I am not sure what could cause this. Dose anyone have any thoughts?

-Zan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 02:14PM by zanahade.
Re: Need help...
November 08, 2012 12:27AM
im a worse noob than you, my machine is not even done. my guess is like conversion of G-code ... is overly simplified? have u checked the G-code generation options?
November 08, 2012 12:28PM
Well, let's figure out what kind of machine it is. Take some pics and upload them. Make sure you take an image of the electronics.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
November 08, 2012 01:01PM
Hi,

Thank you both for responding.

redreprap: I have looked at the gcode, though I am not sure what I am looking at. I will continue to look into that.

akhlut: I have uploaded several pics to my GDrive: [docs.google.com]

again any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Zan
November 08, 2012 01:57PM
Oh my goodness...

read this thread. Maybe someone on there can help you out!

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: Need help... [SOLVED]
November 08, 2012 02:12PM
My goodness indeed!

I think I will be excusing my self from this particular project smiling smiley thanks for the heads up!

Until I get the money together to construct my own reprap...

-Zan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 02:13PM by zanahade.
November 09, 2012 08:27AM
zanahade, as everything regarding electronics seems common with the Techzone huxley, I can maybe help you. I have made that machine work, but it took time and lot of tidying and fixing the printer.

From what I understand you have generated the gcode inside repsnapper, didn't you ?

If answer is "yes", this is not a good idea, gcode generation in repsnaper is not perfect.
You might have better luck first slicing the stl file using skeinforge or slic3r, then loading the resulting gcode file in repsnapper to print.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
November 09, 2012 09:39AM
That is correct, DeuxVis. My co worker has repsnapper and uses it for both Gcode generation as well as hosting the printer. I'll try slicing it up with Slic3r and then bring the code to repsnapper and see where I end up. Thanks for the tip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login