Mendel and Mac, which software?
November 13, 2012 06:43AM
I took delivery of my Mendel kit from reprappro yesterday. At my current rate of progress I should be done with assembly in a couple of weeks.

Looking at the software I found the software needed for Mac a bit bemusing. I downloaded pronterface but there's a plethera of odments needed in addition, such as Python and the like. I downloaded everything specified, I think, but when I try to slice an object it gives a bunch of errors which seem Python related.

As an alternative I also downloaded ReplicatorG and this seems to run ok but I'm not sure if its fully compatible with the Mendel.

Any advice, links or suggestions gratefully accepted.
Re: Mendel and Mac, which software?
November 14, 2012 11:12PM
Visit the main repo of the printrun utilities, at Kliment's Github.

There's a link there to precompiled Mac binaries. Which is this, [koti.kapsi.fi], but visit the above link for more info.

I haven't used it yet, so can't help beyond this.
November 15, 2012 04:20AM
Thanks Brent, I'll try putting on the precompiled Mac binaries and see what happens.

regards

Terry Kidd
November 15, 2012 12:04PM
I like Repetier Host for the mac, it comes with a version of Slic3r.
[github.com]
November 16, 2012 04:26AM
Thanks, pgh Slic3r sounds like the way to go.

Machine assembly has slowed down a bit. I'm trying to get Y axis motion as nice and smooth as X axis, maybe something to design and print early on will be parts to exactly space the two Y rods onto the frame.

cheers
Terry Kidd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login