Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Requested - PrintRun Zip file corrupt??

Posted by mars bonfire 
Help Requested - PrintRun Zip file corrupt??
December 01, 2012 01:25PM
I having building the hardware, now for the software. I have been trying to get PrintRun unto my Windows XP (home ed) laptop.

I have been downloading the precompiled Windows package (18MBytes) with a date of March, 2012.

The download appears to go fine. I run an extract on the .zip package and it does not error....however, inside the top level directory in the extracted files is a library.zip directory file.

For some reason, the top level extract works but does not bore in on this .zip file (i.e. leaves it in an unextracted state).

When I try to extract the library.zip file (tried Windows and Winzip), it gives errors (invalid or corrupt or complaining something about top directory?). I downloaded and tried a freebie called tugzip. Tugzip "sees into...lists the contents" the library.zip file (bunch of files that looks related to Python to me) but it won't extract it.

I have searched the reprap forums and the web in general and can't find any clues.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Re: Help Requested - PrintRun Zip file corrupt??
December 01, 2012 01:44PM
It appears that I posted my concern about the corrupt PrintRun file too quickly

I did not succeed in extracting the library.zip file but decided to try to run the .exes anyway.

To my surprise (and embarassment) they seem to work (!) So I'll take the success and not worry about the unextractable file (and it role in the software)...though I am still curious about it. As they say..."never mind...".

Steve
December 01, 2012 03:28PM
I think that file gets created when you turn a python script into a stand alone executable. All the python library files that your script uses get stored in there and accessed by the executable I think.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
December 01, 2012 06:18PM
nophead,

Thanks for the explanation. I have Sprinter loaded and configured and Printrun seems to be totally functional and solid. One more step closer...

Steve
December 02, 2012 09:39AM
For those interested, based on the clue provided by nophead, I poked around the Python stuff on the web (not reprap or Printrun specific) and there are several threads where the unextractable library.zip file is discussed. Pretty much the same deal...it relates to the converting Python into windows .exes and for whatever reason, doesn't seem to affect the operation of the .exes. No harm, no foul.
March 06, 2013 05:05AM
RecoveryFix for ZIP is proficient tool designed to fix all corruption issues of ZIP archives. It recovers complete data from a ZIP folder and generates a preview of recovered items on the screen.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login