Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Little McWire

Posted by Rick 
My Little McWire
November 06, 2008 01:17PM
Hello all!

Just beginning to get all of my parts and pieces together and should begin construction soon. Hope to have a working McWire by the end of the month. Fingers are crossed!

-Rick
Re: My Little McWire
November 06, 2008 05:08PM
Sweet! did you add yourself to the map?

Good luck and keep us posted!
-Leav
November 07, 2008 08:40AM
The map? Please forgive my ignorance...be happy to add myself to it if I knew what and where it was. Thanks.

-Rick
November 07, 2008 09:05AM
Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The map? Please forgive my ignorance...be happy to
> add myself to it if I knew what and where it was.
> Thanks.
>
> -Rick

[maps.google.com]

smileys with beer
November 07, 2008 10:45AM
The link was top notch. Just not sure how to add myself. My search-fu is garbage, any help would be great. Thanks.

-Rick
November 07, 2008 10:58AM
I think I have it figured out...I need a Google/GMail account to edit. I think...I already have too many email addresses. Would it be possible for someone else to add me? Provided they had my vitals, of course. I would be happy to PM the information on if anyone would be willing, thanks.

-Rick
November 07, 2008 11:04AM
Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just not sure how to add
> myself.
>
It isn't instantly obvious. I'd forgotten and had to fiddle around till I found out how again.

Here's how you do it.

1) bring up the map

2) notice on the left-hand side there is a bar that has the names ofeverybody on the map

3) at the top of that bar is a little button that says "edit"

4) when you punch that button a little toolbar comes up on the upper, left-hand corner of the map. notice the little blue balloon, just like you see so many of on the map. it's the second tool, just to the right of the little hand.

5) click on that balloon and then move it to where you live on the map

6) when you click it at where you live a little input window appears attached to the balloon into which you type all of your details.

7) once you've got your details like you want them, hit okay and you're done.

smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2008 11:05AM by Forrest Higgs.
November 07, 2008 11:23AM
All in and added...done and done. Had to create a Google account in order to edit. Notice from UPS says that the last little bit from McMaster-Carr is out for delivery today, so I hope to begin construction this evening. The goal is to document via a progress blog. If I get around to starting it (the blog), I'll post the link here. All depends on just how far I get this weekend. Thanks for the assistance.

-Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login