Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new luzbot A100 pritnter and I already broke it.. sad smiley

Posted by firefox4001 
new luzbot A100 pritnter and I already broke it.. sad smiley
March 29, 2013 11:16PM
Well I sort of down now that I busted my X nozle carrage right after my first part print. It was looking ok but I didn't want to print whole thing, So I try to stop it and then the dam thing wouldn't let me move the Z axis up to get the head out of the way. I got frustrated and hit home and then the thing rammed into the printed part breaking the carrage part. confused smiley It would be nice if some day they have a load trip or force sensor or something so it you can't accidently damage the printer by hitting home by mistake.

I was wondering if there such a mod out there?

Of course now I can't print a replacement part cause it is broken and have to wait for a replacement to get shiped.. I was all jazed about geting one now I am depressed cause I took an extra day off for the weekend to get it all going on it too.. sad smiley
Re: new luzbot A100 pritnter and I already broke it.. sad smiley
March 30, 2013 12:15AM
This isn't a solution that uses sensors, but nophead has a detailed blog post about setting his home Z point at the top of the printer. Read this post from Nophead

It does require some firmware changes, but it may be worth implementing to prevent similar accidents in the future.

Fl0yd
March 30, 2013 02:09AM
Good to know I not the only one who has had this problem. I prefer something didn't have to hack the fiirmware, but probably have to do that for a force sensor also.

I wonder if I could just put some sort of primitive spring like electrical sensor around the head to catch when the head is diving into something.

Edit: thinking about it I could just have the sensor also trigger the z stop I suppose then maybe firmware changes wouldn't be needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2013 02:20AM by firefox4001.
March 30, 2013 03:57AM
there are some zwobble reducing parts for various printers that stop this driving the head through the bed or printed part phenomonon. It is more a side effect of how the part works.

the one i use for the ordbot
[www.thingiverse.com]

derived from this part for a prusa
[www.thingiverse.com]

that being said i too home to z-max, z-max is a number slightly larger then my z build height, and i set print start height with extruder z offset in slic3r.

gaz
March 30, 2013 05:01AM
I have hit the home button myself on my Lulzbot AO-101 but I just turned it off quickly. We all make mistakes with are printers when we are new. I actually cross threaded my nozzle which made me have to replace the nozzle and part of the hot end. I am now more carefull when doing physical and pushing buttons in the software.
March 30, 2013 04:25PM
you could also set the current for the z steppers low enough so that when you hit something with the nozzle, the steppers will lose steps before anything gets damaged. No sensors and no firmware modifications required.
March 30, 2013 08:21PM
yeowch !

its a good idea to home to the top. yea i rem that page nophead did, fantastic, with the wipe action before print action !

ima start looking at firmware mods ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

just curious, can 2 Z limit height be set in the firmware? is there such an allowance?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2013 08:32PM by redreprap.

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
March 31, 2013 07:21AM
The only problem I see with homing at top is the time it takes to go up there when homing and them back to e bottom to print.
March 31, 2013 11:27AM
yea, now i wish i am making a rostock hahaha

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login