Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LM8UU bearings, quality problems.

Posted by leadinglights 
LM8UU bearings, quality problems.
June 05, 2013 04:31AM
I am starting on the build of a third printer and have purchased some LM8UU bearings at a low price - £7.95 for 12. However, on receiving them they are loose on an accurate 8mm shaft and the oil seals have a visible gap to the shaft. A pair that I got from another supplier are tight and feel lumpy.

As I have used 18 on my existing Prusa and Rostock printers and have found the quality to be excellent, I wonder if there is a flood of rubbish into the UK.

Can anybody reccomend a supplier of good LM8UU bearings at a reasonable price - I know you can spend £16.40 for branded Japanese and European ones.

Thanks,

Mike
Re: LM8UU bearings, quality problems.
June 05, 2013 12:16PM
well i would pay the 16.40 for the branded ones then you get what you pay for when it comes to bearings, and i work with them everyday at work and i know that our bearings are expensive for 1 bearing so I don't think its china flooding the UK with rubbish. one example i heard that the theese companys ship out quality products for resellers but when it comes to people like ourselves who want just 12 bearings they not really going put the top quality bearings just for a order of 12 maybe for 12,000
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login