Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface not connecting to Reprapdiscount Taurino/RAMPS 1.4

Posted by Sean 
Pronterface not connecting to Reprapdiscount Taurino/RAMPS 1.4
June 13, 2013 09:01AM
Hi all,

I have finally finished wiring my Reprapdiscount Taurino/Ramps 1.4/LCD smart controller to my Mendelmax 1.5 and am having some problems connect to my printer using Pronterface. I was able to flash the Taurino using the Arduino IDE successfully and have downloaded and installed Skeinforge and Pronterface.

Before clicking the Connect button in Pronterface, the LCD Smart Controller display reads "Card removed."
After clicking the Connect button, the LCD display turns black, an LED on the RAMPS 1.4 board flashes twice, and the LCD display then reads "Mendel Ready."

Above the Pronterface, X-Y graphic, it reads "Motors off" and appears to be greyed out.

In Pronterface, the text message area reads: "Connecting..." and I can hear a noise that appears to be coming from the RAMPS board.

After waiting for a couple of minutes, I tried pressing the Reset button in Pronterface, click Yes in the pop up window, and get the text output in the message area: "Reset."

Next, I try Connecting again and get the following: Connecting... Can't read from printer (disconnected?).

I am using Wantai 42BYGHM809 motors for the X, Y, and Z axes; see the data sheet here:

[www.aliexpress.com]

and wired them to the RAMPS 1.4 board as per this schematic:

[reprap.org]

The motor section of my Marlin file is as follows:

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {160,160,5120,200*16*39/11*3.14159/7}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 25}
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000

It seems that I am connecting properly to my Taurino, in Arduino IDE interface and somewhat, in Pronterface. I cannot however get any movement out of the motors. I am using Port /dev/ttyACM0 @ 115200. I have tried powering down and restarting, both the computer, and the Taurino. Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Sean
Re: Pronterface not connecting to Reprapdiscount Taurino/RAMPS 1.4
June 13, 2013 10:43AM
Make sure you're connecting at the speed that is set in the firmware's configuration.h file.
Re: Pronterface not connecting to Reprapdiscount Taurino/RAMPS 1.4
June 13, 2013 11:48AM
That worked like a charm! Thanks! Now I just have to do some tuning and I can start printing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login