Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode to replace skirts

Posted by mastermonk 
Gcode to replace skirts
June 26, 2013 06:20PM
Usually I add a skirt to my print jobs to prep the nozzle and get a nice bead going but I am tired of cleaning the skirt off my platform, is there any gcode I can put on my Start sequence to get it to draw a small shape before starting the job?

thanks
Re: Gcode to replace skirts
June 27, 2013 10:57AM
What slicer you using?

Scli3r has an option to complete one object before moving on to the next so if you added a small sacrificial object as well as your main object that would do it.

Ben
June 27, 2013 01:18PM
yeah, that's kind of what I am thinking but just insert the gcode onto the start sequence. I been using cura, did they fix the sequential issue in slicer yet?
June 27, 2013 10:51PM
Instead of slicing 2 objects....simply slice one. and copy and paste the G-code into the starting g code field in the printer config. Then it will always run that little priming part code first.
June 28, 2013 09:14AM
1013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Instead of slicing 2 objects....simply slice one.
> and copy and paste the G-code into the starting g
> code field in the printer config. Then it will
> always run that little priming part code first.

I would advise against this.

If you complete a part, and attempt to print a second part, your print head may collide with the first part.

This is why when printing multiple parts, it does each layer of each part first before moving up in the Z direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 09:14AM by ShadowRam.
June 28, 2013 06:13PM
Ideally the "priming part" would be only one layer high, and near the corner of he build area, so this does not happen.

But you are correct, a collision is a possibility.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login