Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

end stop issue

Posted by twitch 
end stop issue
July 10, 2013 01:54PM
Hey everyone I just finished building a mendelZmax which is a taller version of the mendelmax. I have a issue with my Y axis end stop.... in ponterface (spelling) my Y axis was backaards when moving it but hit the endstop just fine. Now I fixed the Y axiz to be correct but homing now goes the opposite direction away from my end stop. How do I fix this? Do I need to move my endstop to the front of the printer or is there something else I can do?
Re: end stop issue
July 10, 2013 01:58PM
Well, if the Mendel Max is like the Prusa Mendel, then 0, 0, 0 is the front left corner of the bed. When you hit the home button, the Y asix should go all the way to the back of the printer. the X Axis should go all the way to the left. The Z axis should go all the way down. Adjust firmware and end stop location until you have achived this.
July 10, 2013 04:20PM
Thanks for the reply. Where would I make the changes in the firmware?
July 10, 2013 04:25PM
I use sprinter and the setting in there is below. If your on marlin, surely it has something close.

//// Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors
// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
//If your axes are only moving in one direction, make sure the endstops are connected properly.
//If your axes move in one direction ONLY when the endstops are triggered, set [XYZ]_ENDSTOP_INVERT to true here:
const bool X_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Y_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Z_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
July 10, 2013 04:31PM
K thanks ill have a look when I get home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login