Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No motors?

Posted by MotorAssist 
No motors?
April 29, 2009 12:41PM
In [parts.reprap.org] the parts list for the Repstrap Seedling v1 doesn't seem to list the actual stepper motors anywhere - or have I missed it? Can anyone point me to the right page?

I am building my McWire now, or would be if I had all the parts...!

Thanks,
Hazel.
Re: No motors?
April 29, 2009 01:48PM
I think it is the same as the normal darwin...
April 29, 2009 01:50PM
The MakerBot store has several motors [store.makerbot.com] and I've ordered directly from Keling Tech [www.kelinginc.net]

I think the motors from Keling I ordered were KL17H247-1684B (NEMA 17)and the KL23H251-24-8B (NEMA 23). Both had dual shafts with a flat on it if that is what you are looking for.
April 29, 2009 01:56PM
A hint with the McWire bot, before you thread the drive nuts onto the threaded rods, put a couple layers of heat shrink around them to fill the gap between the nut and the pipe clamp. If you use electrical tape eventually it will sag (especially on the Z axis) but the heat shrink seems to stay put.
April 29, 2009 04:21PM
Either use the electronics and steppers from the 'real' darwin, or see if you can scavenge some from printers, scanners, etc.

---
Reprapping blog and other rants: [renoirsrants.blogspot.com]
My Reprap: [sites.google.com]
May 06, 2009 04:47AM
Hi Jeff,

I am just about at this stage now (motors arrived yesterday). Did you shrink the heatshrink, or use it as is? My threaded rods are 8 mm diameter.

As an alternative,I am thinking perhaps some cycle-type shims/cut-up old inner tubes may do the job?
What do you think?

Thanks for posting of your experiences/developments. Really useful.

Hazel

[copycatbot.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login