Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sanguinololu: i think something burned out?!

Posted by pdesigns 
sanguinololu: i think something burned out?!
August 14, 2013 09:00AM
I had to repair a crimp connector on my heatbed and when i connected everything and turned on the heatbed to print i realized that i had connected the things wrong! The smoke i saw coming from the board helped me to realize that....

Result: now when i turn the heat on to 60º for example it just keeps on going on and on...it just ignores the temperature i set, but it gives me the reading of the temperature on printrun like always.

I´m guessing i need to replace something on the sanguinololu (1.3a) . My guess would be the mosfet, but since i don´t see nothing burned i would like to ask if that its probably the component to replace and/or if there is some way to check if it is ok?

Cheers
Re: sanguinololu: i think something burned out?!
August 15, 2013 12:18PM
Perhaps you could check the gate voltage/control pin voltage when you hit your set temp. If it's turning off at the ATmega but not at the FET then you have a bad FET. If it's not turning off at the ATmega you might have a burnt out pin. In what way were your connections wrong? Most HBP are not polar so connecting it backwards should have no effect. Was it shorted out completely?

Bryan
August 17, 2013 10:18AM
I added two photos to show the way i connected it wrong. I only connected three pins instead of the four of them.

Looking at it closer the middle pin of the Mosfet has a little black spot.

When you say FET is it a short for Mosfet? How do i check the gate voltage/control pin? I guess i have to use the multimeter, my question is on what points?

Sorry for all the questions..

**also i just plugged my new panelolu2 and it does not show any info about a heatbed on the LCD. Don´t know if this info helps..

Paulo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 02:52PM by pdesigns.
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (152.8 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (96.3 KB)
August 17, 2013 03:40PM
scratch that part about the Panelolu. It was a error on the firmware. Now it indicates the temperature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login