Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

weird z-homing problem. Been stuck for days... [SOLVED]

Posted by tobben 
weird z-homing problem. Been stuck for days... [SOLVED]
August 22, 2013 01:25PM
Hi all!

I'm building myself a custom Reprappro Mendel, but are having troubles getting z home to work.

When I send G28 Z (home z axis) the z-axis moves ca 1 cm in the wrong direction at the fast home feedrate speed. It behaves as if I sent it G1 Z10, just slower. No bounce back. Tested with different versions of Marlin, same result.

Sending M119 gives me "z_min:H" no matter how what I do with the endstop swich terminals (like shorting, unplugging or trying different swich). I've looked for shorts on the Melzi board without any luck. X and Y homing works as expected...

Configuration.h

Any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 06:37PM by tobben.

torbjornludvigsen.com
Re: weird z-homing problem. Been stuck for days...
August 22, 2013 04:54PM
Measured pin 20 on the atmega 1284p. It jumps between 0 V and 5 V when endstop swich is pressed, exactly as it is supposed to. pins.h contains
#define Z_MIN_PIN          20
just as it should do. Where to look for errors now? confused smiley
Re: weird z-homing problem. Been stuck for days...
August 22, 2013 06:11PM
I only get the correct jumping between 0 V and 5 V if I measure in the "measurment hole" beside the processor. It turns out that if I measure directly on the pin solder, it gives a constant 5 V. Carefully measuring resistances between holes and pins with power unplugged shows a bad soldering job on pin 20. Oh my, hope I am able to fix it, and hope it's the only one...
Re: weird z-homing problem. Been stuck for days... [SOLVED]
August 22, 2013 06:37PM
Guys, I made it. The machine works now. Lession learned: If your pin 20 on your atmel 1284p is not connected to your Melzi PCB, the consequence is that z-home jogs ca 1 cm upwards instead of heading down towards the swich (well, at least if you try to use Marlin).

Thanks for rubberducking me, hope this helps someone smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login