Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any modules missing? [was: Where to get the PCBs?]

Posted by Martin Walch 
Any modules missing? [was: Where to get the PCBs?]
June 11, 2009 03:38PM
When generating a BOM on [parts.reprap.org] for RepRap v1.0 "Darwin" x 1, it contains several PCBs:

- Opto Endstop v1.0 PCB
- PowerComms v1.3 PCB
- Stepper Tester v1.0 PCB
- Universal Controller v1.2 PCB

For the Opto Endstop 1.0, only MakerBot is listed as supplier and they have only Opto Endostop 2.1 PCB.
The other three have only the foundation as supplier. However, the only Board that is on the RRRF website is the PowerComms v1.3. The other two do not exist in the given or any other version.

Where do I get them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 01:34PM by Martin Walch.
Re: Where to get the PCBs?
June 11, 2009 05:01PM
I believe your problem is that those boards are for generation 1 electronics, which have been discontinued. The current gen 2 boards are available, as well as the experimental gen 3. Look here for the required gen 2 electronics: [reprap.org] and here for the gen 3: [reprap.org]
June 11, 2009 05:24PM
Thank you for your reply. Does that mean parts.reprap.org is outdated? Where can I find a complete up to date documentation? I am currently reading from one dead end to the next. Now the BOM is wrong (I would have ordered/bought most parts tomorrow).
June 12, 2009 09:06AM
Let's say I want to build a RepRap 1.0 with Generation 2 electronics using the Sanguino. What part lists do I need?

The BOM for RepRap 1.0 lists mainly obsolete modules:

Cartesian Robot v1.0
Thermoplast Extruder v1.0
Support Extruder v1.0
(Tools Kit)
(PIC Programmer)

Extruder Controller v1.2
Opto Endstop v1.0
Stepper Controller v1.2
PowerComms Board v1.3
Stepper Tester v1.0

I suppose "Cartesian Robot 1.0" is still the right (and only) choice.

Thermoplast Extruder 1.0 and 1.1 are marked as obsolete. So should I use version 2.0? Is this compatible with Darwin?

Support Extruder 1.0 - is this still needed and is it the right one? Is it this module? [reprap.org]

What do I need from the electronics part when using Sanguino? Do I have all the eletronics part I need (and none duplicate) when using the following modules:

1x Sanguino v1.0
6x Opto Endstop v2.1
3x Stepper Motor Driver v2.3
1x DC Motor Driver v1.1
1x PWM Driver v1.1
1x Temperature Sensor v1.1

Am I missing anything?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login