Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sourcing parts... robotdigg.com?

Posted by Josh_mp5 
sourcing parts... robotdigg.com?
September 03, 2013 01:50PM
I have been lurking around the forums for a few months but have just now registered. I am planning on building atleast one printer a delta and maybe another with traditional cartesian coordinate system. But my real question is whether any of you have placed orders with robotdigg or not. Even with shipping if i buy enough parts for more than one printer the high shipping costs are offset by the low prices. So have any of you had any good/bad experience with them?
Re: sourcing parts... robotdigg.com?
September 03, 2013 10:00PM
I've ordered from them 4 times now and they've been excellent. One order had an issue with a wrong part shipped and they took care of it without hesitation.

The steppers are very nice and the pulleys are excellent.
September 05, 2013 11:44AM
Well I decided to place an order but only because I paid through paypal so we will see if everything works out or not. I will be posting back here with my good or bad experience.
September 11, 2013 10:08PM
Well I received my order today. I sent the payment on Monday the 2nd and on the 5th I asked if it had shipped and if there was a tracking number and the reply was it would ship on Saturday the 7th. On Sunday I emailed them again for a order update and the response then was that it would ship Monday the 9th but it actually wasnt' shipped until Tuesday the 10th. It was shipped UPS worldwide express and was at my house the next day on the 11th so that was pretty nice. When I first ordered I was nervous because shipping kept getting delayed but a couple hours after I was emailed a tracking number the package was in the US. The package was well packed and everything I ordered was included they threw in three bags of m3 setscrews even though I did not order any but maybe that was because none of the pulleys had them in. I ordered 20 tooth 5mm bore, 36 tooth 5mm bore and 20 tooth 8mm bore pulleys and all of them were machined well, the 20 tooth 5mm bore pulleys were really tight on my motor shafts but a little 1200 grit sandpaper smoothed them out and there is no slop or backlash in the fit of the pulleys which I was really impressed with. I also bought 2 rolls of 100mm wide kapton tape and 6 nozzles 3 .4mm and 3 .3mm and they were all very nicely machined. The nozzles were smaller than I was expecting, they look to be machined out of 6mm hex brass ( I did not actually measure them). Now for the belt I bought 10 meters which is way more than I need but I figured I might as well buy more than I need just to have enough for spare belts and I am sure I will be building more than one printer tongue sticking out smiley

Overall I would have to say other than the initial delay which they said was because of a flood of orders I am very happy with the purchase and the shipping was WAY faster than I expected. I know I do not have any reputation around here seeing as how I registered right before I placed the order but I figured I would post my experience anyways. If I was reading this review from a new member about a overseas order from a new company I myself would be skeptical but I got everything I ordered for really good prices even with shipping costs. If you are just going to buy pulleys and belts for one printer the low price of the pulleys isnt worth the shipping costs but since I bought enough for like 3 printersspinning smiley sticking its tongue out overall I think it was worth it! I included a couple pictures I can take more if anyone wants me too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 10:09PM by Josh_mp5.
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-09-11 15.32.44.jpg (101 KB)
open | download - 2013-09-11 15.34.04.jpg (100.3 KB)
open | download - 2013-09-11 15.38.49.jpg (98.8 KB)
September 17, 2013 09:46PM
Thanks for ordering.
Usually, we ship within 5 working days. But some time there is order flood, when you draw or email us an order to plan, we may have them in stock, but if you are one day or 2 day later, we are not sure the Stock Status.
December 16, 2013 05:56AM
It is nice to have the seller's comment...!! I look forward to our order been shipped to the Netherlands, cant wait to see how small those NEMA 14 are smiling smiley.
FRC
December 16, 2013 07:43PM
I'm brand new to this site but saw this post and wanted to chime in. I just received my second order from Mr. Meng at Robotdigg today. I find the parts to be as described and both times times the support was very prompt and professional.

Frank
December 17, 2013 02:50PM
I've also bought parts from Robotdigg, and they all seem fine, albeit I've not used most of what I ordered as I'm still in the construction phase of a build.
April 24, 2015 09:17PM
I have an issue: I have been waiting for 20 days and it isn't coming. I am NEVER buying from them again!
April 25, 2015 08:06AM
Did you try contacting them? Derek is very responsive and helpful.

I've ordered 2-3 times from them and I'm getting ready to place another order.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
May 02, 2015 09:48AM
Actually it came in 19 days but required a signature so I had to pick it up from the post office. Great quality though!
May 02, 2015 09:50AM
I found out it had come by emailing them for a tracking number. They were very quick about that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login