Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot End oozing

Posted by carmojos 
Hot End oozing
October 13, 2013 05:15PM
Hello all,

I nearly have my Prusa Mendel i2 done, but seem to be having an issue with the hot end. I am using Sprnter firmware and RAMPS 1.3 for control hardare. When the hotend gets to the desired temp for PLA it starts to ooze out of the nozzel.

Incidentally my extruder motor will not reverse. This only happens with Sprinter. When I use Marlin, no oozing and the motor does reverse. I am using Sprinter because it appears to control the remaining motors better.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: Hot End oozing
October 13, 2013 07:52PM
it must be oozing due to wrong temp, to high, so if you have just uploaded new firmware, perhaps you need to edit the thermistor in the firmware?

and a motor not running backwards, hmm, connections? im not sure,
October 13, 2013 08:42PM
I checked the wiring connections of the motor itself by hooking it up to some of the other stepsticks and it reverses without an issue. I did have to change the pins of E0 and E1 in pins.h due to a hardware issue with the standard E0 drives.

Could I have missed a pin config for the direction?
October 13, 2013 09:35PM
sorry i do not have that board, someone else maybe able to answer
October 14, 2013 08:20PM
Attached is a picture of the problem It would appear that the pad for the dir pin is burnt off. Any suggestions on how I can fix it?
Attachments:
open | download - Dir pin.jpg (77.3 KB)
October 14, 2013 08:51PM
bugger how annoying for you!
I wonder why it burn in the first place, to much current or bad connection
Can you manually solder the connections on?
October 17, 2013 07:25PM
Ok. I got the reverse fixed. No onto the oozing. How can I tell if the hot end is at the correct temperature?
October 17, 2013 07:28PM
A infared or laser temp gun is the best. I got mine from harbor frieght for real cheap
October 24, 2013 01:51AM
bought my laser temp at harbor frieght when they had it on special for about 10 bucks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login