Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PTFE insulator

Posted by repraptudelft 
PTFE insulator
October 09, 2009 05:19AM
We are currently building the reprap. But we have problems at step 2-02 of the extruder manual.
The manual instructs us to use a PTFE insulator. But this part doesn't fit into the ABS part (10064), the hole is too small. Besides, in the operationmanual there's a picture of 2 parts instead of the PTFE insulator. A tube of aluminium and one of a ceramic material.
So what parts do we need to use for the extruder?
Re: PTFE insulator
October 09, 2009 06:37AM
What do you mean by "the reprap", Darwin, Mendel, CupCake, RapMan or something else?

I have never heard of manuals or ABS part numbers for any of these.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 09, 2009 09:12AM
We have the RapMan V3.0 0 from bitsfrombytes.com
The ABS parts are transparent. The question is what parts should be on top of the extruder nozzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 10:01AM by repraptudelft.
October 09, 2009 10:17AM
You are probably best asking on the bitsfrombytes forum then [www.bitsfrombytes.com]

I thought the transparent parts where all Acrylic. Have thery switched to transparent ABS? I tried to get some in welding rod form as I needed to make a transparent part that would stand higher temperature than PLA but I failed to find any.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 09, 2009 02:55PM
All parts are acrylic and yes, better post to the BfB forum smiling smiley
There is a wiki page which shows the correct assembly of the extruder. See the user submitted notes on the manual page.
October 11, 2009 12:16PM
Sorry, it was indeed acrylic and the user submitted notes were very helpfullsmiling smiley
We build the extruder on the right way.
The extruder manual tells you to use a part which is not in the reprap set, so that was a bit confusing.

Thanks for the postswinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login