Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Direct Drive Options For Prusa i3?

Posted by matrix4721 
Direct Drive Options For Prusa i3?
January 08, 2014 07:15PM
Hi everyone
Sorry if this question has already been asked but i have a prusa i3 with a j-head hotend using 1.75mm abs. Im currently using a bowden setup for the extruder but im having some print issues which i believe is caused, at least in part to the bowden setup, so im wanting to try a new extruder. Since im using 1.75mm filament i dont think i need a geared extruder so im wanting to use direct drive. Does anyone know / use any that are good? there are afew on thingiverse but im not sure which way to jump.

Any suggections would be great

Kind regards
Chris
Re: Direct Drive Options For Prusa i3?
January 09, 2014 11:48AM
Start with the makerbot upgrade direct drive, i personally didn´t like it but I´ve seen it in use from a lot of people.
January 13, 2014 11:20AM
Hi, thanks for your reply, i like the look of the makerbot upgrade versions however as the are designed to run on the makerbot im unsure how i would adapt it to fit on the vertical x-axis of my i3, i was also checking out this one [www.thingiverse.com] it looks good however im worried that all the weight overhanging at the front may cause issues
January 13, 2014 03:54PM
Look at the PG35L Microextruder V4 on thingiverse. (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39098)

I printed one at it looks to test fit fine on my Makerfarm I3 - I have not tested it yet as I am in the middle of a
bunch of prints for my robotics team.
June 05, 2014 01:41PM
What did you end up building? Hows it working?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login