Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

e3d customer support

Posted by jasperash 
e3d customer support
January 21, 2014 10:51AM
hey, was wondering if anyone has ordered from e3d-online,
any reviews on customer support? ive tried emailing a few times with no response
Re: e3d customer support
January 22, 2014 02:25PM
Yes I did last sunday and am hoping for the best:
Got a confirmation from paypal that they collected the money, but did not receive an ordering confirmation from e3d.
Tried to logon to my newly created account, could not.
Tried requesting my password, then their website said they it did not know my email address.
Tried to send them a note about this problem, no reply.
Tried to call them, phone was not answered.
So I have no clue if my order is processed, known at all at e3d etc...
Anoying, hope it is a simple matter..

Otherwise I need to get money back through paypal/mastercard (and no v5 hot end)

Anyone else got good or bad experience with e3d responding/sending mails?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 12:29AM by Eric64124.
January 22, 2014 08:33PM
I bought 2 hot ends from them back in August or September, and exchanged several emails with Sanjay prior to my purchase. Emails were always returned in a prompt and courteous fashion, and both Sanjay and (Josh?) the other guy were very pleasant. When I received my order, they had omitted the 2 extra nozzles that I had ordered. It was a simple matter of sending them a picture of my packing list, and they were quick to ship out the missing parts via FedEx Express. They even included an extra little gift to make up for the inconvenience. I will admit that my new printer build is progressing slowly, so I haven't even tried the hot ends yet. I cannot attest to their function, but they certainly look well-made.

I did get the impression that the business was growing far more rapidly than they had anticipated, and that they both had full time day-jobs as well. I hope it's simply a matter of growing pains that they will quickly overcome. I also got the impression that they were sincere and customer oriented, so I doubt there's anything nefarious at play.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 09:49PM by stonedcoldskier.
January 23, 2014 12:38AM
Hi stonedcoldskier
Thanks for your reaction.
If they both have full time day jobs, then maybe are simply too busy and are creating a backlog.
Thing that worries me the most is that I created an account and am not able to get to it to check my ordering status.
This is mostly a fully automated part but their servers are reporting that it does not know my email address....
January 23, 2014 06:16AM
Got a set of the highly praised e3d hotend last December, and all my emails were promptly replied by Sanjay. Have a little patience. =)
January 24, 2014 11:30PM
IIRC Sanjay said he was quitting his day job to work on E3D full time. Look for this topic in the the General forum where Sanjay is very active:

Update on the E3D All Metal Hotend (Now finally shipping!)
January 25, 2014 03:18AM
Did a search in the forums. Last activity of Sanjay appears to be 9 days back. Before that he was active Every 1 to 3 days.

So last activity just before (I think) I ordered my hot end. Since then nothing was heared, tried calling a few times, mailed them, but nothing. So I still don't know if my order is processed or not and why they're not responding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 03:18AM by Eric64124.
January 25, 2014 09:13AM
i placed my order saturday, havent heard word one
also no answer on phone, email, even tried private messaging sanjay on this forum

all in all im pretty displeased, is it just one person working there?
January 25, 2014 01:57PM
I ordered 2 back in October and got my order within 2 days. (Haven't used them yet though)

Given that Sanjay was last active on the forum 9 days ago, it sounds like he might be away for one reason or another. He has too many satisfied clients in the world to do a runner.

People need to appreciate that many of the people selling items in this space are hobbyists who might be doing this on the side, or where successfull (like E3D) may experience explosive growth.

Having said the above, if he is away I would have expected him to put a notice up warning people.

Best of luck.
Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
January 25, 2014 03:44PM
He just got back to me, apparently had some email server issues
January 25, 2014 04:59PM
I also received mail that my order was received.

Guess I'll be swapping hot ends soon (hopefully next weekend)...
January 25, 2014 05:09PM
*quietly extinguishes torch
January 27, 2014 03:01AM
I'm putting together a new printer and looking to use a E3D hotend. I have an early one on another printer, but that has a much wider mounting grove than a J-Head. Is that wide grove still the same on current production units? Is there any good reason why it is not directly compatible with J-Head mount. If possible, I'd love to make my hotend mount compatible with J-Head as well as E3D, but if there's a preformance gain, I'll go for just E3D :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login