Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA and ABS Filiment in Canada

Posted by Adam.m.Nelson 
PLA and ABS Filiment in Canada
November 27, 2009 11:15AM
Does anyone know a good supplier of PLA and ABS plastic in Canada (Ontario prefferably)? We are activly trying to find a supplier and aren't getting many warm responses. We aren't necessarily looking for the cheapest source, just a reliable one smiling smiley

On a side note, is anyone willing to ship me 1 meter piece of PLA filiment so we can test our unit while we wait to find a supplier? I'm more then willing to pay for shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 12:58PM by Adam.m.Nelson.
Re: PLA and ABS Filiment in Canada
November 27, 2009 04:28PM
Hi Adam,
I've been working on the same project

You should try contacting Rob King at Ashland Inc.

Rob King
District Manager - Central Region
Ashland Inc. - Plastics Division
Ph # 905-855-4039
Cell # 416-459-2219

The minimum order is 750 Kg at $1.33/lb.
He says he can get it extruded at a facility in Concord, ON., but I didn't ask how much that would cost (I've been busy and I didn't follow up... Also, I have no idea where I'd store so much plastic...)

I'm currently talking to someone at Gher Plastics about their PLA, but they seem to be having problems arranging a supply for me, so I'll wait and see.

There's also Johnny Russel, He's offering the stuff at $9.50/lb. but you have to wait a few weeks, see his website:
[ultimachine.com]
November 27, 2009 09:34PM
> The minimum order is 750 Kg at $1.33/lb.

I hope that's a miss type! Minimal order 1,600 lbs at $1.33/lb would be $2,200 dollars.
November 27, 2009 09:49PM
And imagine the cost after processing.

That's why I'm talking to Gehr...
November 28, 2009 05:33AM
Adam,
I will send you a meter too PLAy with, just hit me at the link supplied by hardness above.
Johnny Russell
November 28, 2009 09:39AM
Awesome,

Message sent, thanks gents!
November 28, 2009 09:36PM
I can vouch for Johnny's PLA - I've printed two Darwins and a Mendel in PLA, and about half of it was from Johnny. Good stuff.

Wade
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login