Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops explantation

Posted by BikeRide 
Endstops explantation
March 29, 2014 10:29AM
Hello, i'm building reprap RAMPS 1.4 3D printer, but i want some explantation about endstops

If connect + to - it turns off printer

There is an third cable - blue - what it is?

It's all right? I thought that endstops dont turns off printer, but only tells printer that axis is on minimum/maximum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 10:31AM by BikeRide.
Re: Endstops explantation
March 29, 2014 10:46AM
Never connect the positive to the negative that's a short circuit you probably burned out your ramps board by doing this.
March 29, 2014 10:46AM
but how to connect that endstop? there are + - and signal cable
March 29, 2014 10:53AM
BikeRide
but how to connect that endstop? there are + - and signal cable
like I said you probably burned out your ramps board now after you get a new one it all depends on how you have it set up in the configuration h file in what firmware you using. Most firmware I think is set up so that you run normally closed switches between signal and negative.
March 29, 2014 10:55AM
but my printer works... it's not burned. Arduino is preventing from short circuit - it turns off when + and - are connected together
March 29, 2014 11:05AM
Are you familiar with the configuration H file this is something you going to have to learn everything gets set here look it up. All the parameters of your machine steps per millimeter maximum temperatures limit switches everything is configured here. And I doubt that your ramps board is okay it would be a fluke if it was in it would have to be a very fast pulse that you did between positive and negative. There are some very sensitive small components on the ramps in this area. You going to have to learn how to set the configuration this very important every machine you have to go in and adjust your configuration file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 11:06AM by cnc dick.
March 29, 2014 11:13AM
From [reprap.org] it looks like hooking + to - is shorting out your power supply and shutting down your system. The + is to supply power for optical endstops.

I don't know what your colors mean, or what type of endstops you have, but if blue is the signal, that is what the switch would need to connect to '-' or not. On the RAMPS side [reprap.org] , it watches for S to be connected to ground or not.
March 29, 2014 02:00PM
i connected signal with - wire and it works, thanks smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login