Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mount endstops without brackets(prusa i3)

Posted by Archelon 
Mount endstops without brackets(prusa i3)
March 31, 2014 02:31AM
Hello fellow reprappers!
I'm currently building a prusa i3 and now I'm going to mount the endstops. In my kit I got ONE endstop mount for the Z-axis but not for the x & y-axis 'cause "They can be zip tied to the smooth rods".
I've tried to zip tie the mechanical endstops to the smooth rods several times but they just keep slipping around.
Do I absolutely need endstop mouning brackets or do you guys have any idea of how i can zip tie the endstops to the smooth rods in a stable way?
Any ideas or examples will do!

Thanks guys!
Re: Mount endstops without brackets(prusa i3)
March 31, 2014 08:27AM
You're going to risk scratching your smooth rods. If you cant print a mount at the very least zip tie them to the threaded rod.
March 31, 2014 10:36AM
I would just print some ASAP.
You should be able to hold the X and Y in position for the homing then print them out, not ideal but they are pretty quick to print and nothing too fancy.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
March 31, 2014 12:39PM
You don't absolutely need endstops.

You could pick a point on the center of the bed manually and set it to whatever you want it to be. For example, you could setup for 1-paperthickness over the center hole of a heated bed with G92 x100 y100 Z0.1 (See [reprap.org] ) and then comment out any G28s in your gcode for printing up some endstop mounts if you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login