Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis got lazy to reach the last mile

Posted by Jasper1984 
X axis got lazy to reach the last mile
April 12, 2014 04:12PM
My reprap prusa seems to have become a bit lazy. It doesnt do this test grid well.. The first one is good, it did work. (i stopped the printer after a while, the model also has a wall in it)

It doesnt seem any slack anywhere.. The seem to be anywhere where it has slack. I didnt change the Marlin firmware, the output in pronterface is in the attachment..

I have no idea what is causing it. Maybe it is time to upload new firmware anyway, so i can try that. Could also try another slicer (than slic3r 1.0.0) but dont really think it is that.
Attachments:
open | download - data (814 bytes)
Re: X axis got lazy to reach the last mile
April 13, 2014 12:42PM
Check the set screw on the stepper pulley, it may be loose.
April 16, 2014 01:00PM
No set screw there, but i can see no movement relative to the axle of the servo and the pulley, never mind the ~2.5mm the print shows. Also it seems to be selective about when it happens..
April 17, 2014 10:03AM
Adjust the pots on your stepper drivers. It's possible the pots have developed resistance.
April 19, 2014 07:07PM
I'll look if the voltages are as described here, would the symptom be lost steps? I dont think i am missing steps, or they're very well placed not to drift the head position all over the place. Edit: tried OctoPrint, and an slic3r0.9.0b so unlikely it is that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2014 08:26PM by Jasper1984.
April 20, 2014 02:17PM
What about bad bearings/bushings? Maybe they bind somewhere along X?

If you move the print center in Slic3r, you should be able to see if it is mechanical or software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login