Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors stopped working on new gmbh X400

Posted by Tolman 
Motors stopped working on new gmbh X400
April 25, 2014 09:18AM
Hello, I'm new and I have just finished mounting the German X400 with dual extruders, took me sometime but everything seems ok right now.
I've installed the drivers, software and firmware. At first all the motors moved fine but had to push the turn motor off button after because otherwise they start vibrating, moving incorrectly and making a lot of noise. But now the motors just stopped moving . . .
I turned off and on again, disconnected everything and reinstalling drivers, etc.
Everything else seems to work but when I send the order to the motors: the order is sent correctly, got the acknowledge message, there's no error message at all but the motors won't move at all . . . . .

If anyone could help me or at least point me how could I solve this or the reason why it happens ? ? ?
Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.
Re: Motors stopped working on new gmbh X400
April 27, 2014 10:56PM
One thing I'd check is the setting of the current on the stepper drivers. Something like [reprap.org] , but appropriate for your particular drivers.

If the currents on some stepper drivers are too high, the drivers overheat and shutdown, sometimes cycling and stuttering.
April 28, 2014 03:00AM
I've already taken that in account, but I don't think is due to overheat.
This whole weekend the printer has been completely unplugged from all power sources, and now I've tried again and still doesn't work.
April 28, 2014 09:16AM
I've found the problem.
Double checked wiring and schematics and everything was correct.
Why could this have happened ?
Attachments:
open | download - 20140428_120471.jpg (83.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login