Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New PLA supplier but cant print using it!

Posted by Govanator 
New PLA supplier but cant print using it!
May 17, 2014 01:02PM
Hi folks,

I recently bought some new pla from a different supplier.
first with the new black filament i had no issues,
now i tried the silver and it wont extrude it, i changed back to my original suplier filling and that goes fine!.
Then i tried the black again, and even black does not print now. :s
i tried many different temps but nothing works.
normally when my hot end is heated and idle, there come lines of plastic out of my hot end wich curl up, with this new filament there seems to just hang a drop of plastic to the hot end and it does not print.

Can anyone help? and yes it the correct 3mm filament i need

thx
Re: New PLA supplier but cant print using it!
May 19, 2014 02:32AM
Govanator
Hi folks,

I recently bought some new pla from a different supplier.
first with the new black filament i had no issues,
now i tried the silver and it wont extrude it, i changed back to my original suplier filling and that goes fine!.
Then i tried the black again, and even black does not print now. :s
i tried many different temps but nothing works.
normally when my hot end is heated and idle, there come lines of plastic out of my hot end wich curl up, with this new filament there seems to just hang a drop of plastic to the hot end and it does not print.

Can anyone help? and yes it the correct 3mm filament i need

thx

Just about the worst thing you can do on a printer is to allow the hotend to idle after its heated up. The hotend would normally shut off at the conclusion of a print and it does that for a reason! If you heat up the hotend and start playing around with something other than hitting the print button (leaving the hotend idle), you will probably jam your hotend which is most likely what you have done.

May 20, 2014 10:15AM
Perhaps our silver filament comes from the same place! I had the same problem. The silver filament was too thick in parts and jammed. All of it wouldn't come out so I had to take apart the hotend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login