Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel electronic parts

Posted by alroirm 
Mendel electronic parts
February 11, 2010 04:56AM
Hi,

How are you people managing to get those PCBs? It seems that makerbot had discontinued most of them. I asked prices for getting it printed too, but it's a bit expensive this way. Following links in the forums i found some places to get the mainboard for example, but no way with the stepper driver!

Where do you get that PCBs? Where do you get the stepper driver? If you're getting them printed at reasonable prices what's your supplier?

I've found Olimex (www.olimex.com) which bills for each panel instead pcb, independently on number of holes, etc. Price for 3 panels of 100x160mm, in which all the reprap electronics fits, has a cost of about 120€ with taxes and shipping costs included. Electronic components' bill goes to 128.03€ (mouser, farnell just for the stepper controllers) for a total amount of 248€ unsoldered... Makerbot electronics kit used to cost 175$ and a 30$ shipping cost, which in euros looks like 148.65€ (SMD soldered!).

Thanks a lot.
Re: Mendel electronic parts
February 11, 2010 05:19AM
[www.reprapsource.com]
[www.reprapsource.com]
[www.reprapsource.com]

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
February 11, 2010 03:41PM
Those are the v1.2 stepper boards. Those are no problem to find. Perversely, "current" version, 2.3 is nowhere to be found.
February 11, 2010 04:39PM
The v1.2 stepper boards will work fine with the generation 3 electronics. The newer boards use a different chip that requires fewer external components, does not waste as much heat and has a temperature shut down sensor so you don't damage the chip. Both boards are controlled by the same step/dir/enable signals.

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
February 11, 2010 06:11PM
What do you mean by 'Perversely'?

OK, if anybody interested these are the numbers for steppers 2.3 PCBs in olimex:

15PCBs (1 panel) - ~150€ shipping included, or about 10€ each.
120PCBs (8 panels) - ~640€ shipping included, or about 5.7€ each.

8 panels are the maximum for prototiping. If you move into production offers the price decreases...

The rest of the PCBs (motherboard, opto-endstops, extruder driver) can be obtained somewhere, i think.

Ordering for just 3 steppers (just for me) it would be 25€ each pcb, i think that's too much. If anyone interested i can order the big panel which makes it to cost about 10€ each, and then send it to you (i think i can send internationally at 7.40€ three pcbs, or 3€ one pcb; uncertified deliver, of course). 10€ would be ok for me.

On the other hand, if there's A LOT (40 or more seriously interested persons, wanting 3 steppers each one) of interest in this pcbs maybe we can organize together and have them at 5.7€ each or better...

If anybody knows about better numbers (another printing service) for that production please let me know.

Cheers.
February 15, 2010 06:54PM
Problem is, I think the next "Generation" of boards by Zach is coming out within the next 1-2 month.

When you order more than you need and the new version is out, everyone wants to have the new version, regardless if they work the same or not. That's why I won't get the 2.3 drivers in stock when I still have > 120 pcs of 1.2 boards here.

Also, you supplier seems very expensive. On 120 pcs I can get the driver PCB for half the price, locally. PM me if interested.

-------------
FiveD Firmware fork (supports Arduino Mega): [github.com]
reprapsource.com
February 15, 2010 07:51PM
Thank you for your response. I don't understand what you mean by 'PM me' (sorry, my english is very limited).

I'm not really interested in getting 120 pcb, i were writting the prices just in case someone else is interested, and to order them collectivelly in that case.

According to the response it seems there aren't too much people interested given that 1.2 also works and they are cheap and available...

I think i'll get 3 of them even if this is a bit expensive, i don't want to depend on providers' stock problems. If anybody interested contact me and as i said we can organize together to get better prices. Last post prices were olimex, which is where i've been ordering for another projects i have, but if you know better providers please post where to contact them here.

Thank you!
February 16, 2010 03:34AM
alroirm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for your response. I don't understand
> what you mean by 'PM me' (sorry, my english is
> very limited).
oh sorry. PM = private message. It's function in most forums.

-------------
FiveD Firmware fork (supports Arduino Mega): [github.com]
reprapsource.com
February 17, 2010 04:59AM
You can purchase PCBs and full kits (assembled and DIY) from iprint3D.

check out www.iprint3d.org.

Regards
Matthew
store owner of iPrint3D
February 17, 2010 12:01PM
Great! Thank you! By the way, good prices there...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login