Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature of extruder tanks as soon as I extrude

Posted by jakobnator 
Temperature of extruder tanks as soon as I extrude
May 29, 2014 08:07PM
Title says its all I have messed with PID auto tune all day with relativley the same results. It will go down to about 172 then return to normal even with a quick extruder turn any ideas? Here is the pronterface graph.....

Idling with nothing moving......
[imgur.com]

With extruder turning.....
[imgur.com]

I also just noticed it does this when any of the motors turn on x,y,z could it be a power issue?
Re: Temperature of extruder tanks as soon as I extrude
May 29, 2014 09:02PM
Very well could be. Check your +12v when your motors turn on at the board and see if it drops significantly (5+ volts)
May 29, 2014 09:37PM
Yes actually I measured the Vin on my melzi with the motors on it 7 volts when off about 12..... I am suprised I thought that my power supply can't provide 12 volts over 1 motor and 1 heater. I had heard good things about these power supplies, perhaps I am doing something wrong?

[www.ebay.com]
May 30, 2014 08:09AM
One of two things either you ordered the wrong one or you have a bad one did you get the 30 amp version and does it say 30 A on the power supply. Could also be you have a short somewhere in the motor wiring but it is probably a bad power supply
May 30, 2014 08:25AM
It's only 20 amps but it still should be enough for a hotend and ONE motor I guess its defective?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login