Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints finally sticking but temp variation.

Posted by gregted 
Prints finally sticking but temp variation.
June 08, 2014 07:58AM
Finally...... I seem to be having a win with my prints sticking very well.. I had a re-think about the logics of sticking from the tape to the glass and then the abs to the tape. The blue painters tape was sticking like the proverbial sh#t to a blanket so I turned to the adhesion of the abs to the tape. I thought maybe the surface of the tape wasn't sticky enough so I tried plain brand hair spray on my tape and a previously not sticking print turned out perfect. Just the slightest lift on one corner but much better.

So today when I got back to my printer I fired up my computer and noticed at cold the temp of my hotend was 21 degrees celsius but the hotbed was 34. Is this normal? I would have thought both would be air temp which at the moment is about 15 degrees. ( winter coming ).

This might also be the reason for the non sticking prints. At 110 I can easily place my hand on the tape and it just feels warm, not what I would call 110. Should the glass be too hot to touch? i know the 3mm glass will crack at 150 so I can't go up much higher but I would be interested to hear how hot your glass really is when the thermistor says 110.
Re: Prints finally sticking but temp variation.
June 08, 2014 09:53AM
Sounds like you have the wrong thermistor for your hotbed set in your firmware.....
June 08, 2014 07:08PM
It's not 110C if you can easily place your hand on it. You wouldn't wanna stick your hand in a kettle of boiling water that's "only" 100C!. As Vreihen says, check your firmware settings first including the hotend - 21C at a room temp of 15C is a fair bit off too.

June 08, 2014 11:46PM
Thanks for the replys.

I have recently set up my printer after changing computers and now can't send new settings to my sanguino board.

I have been reading so many threads and instructions today on this that it is driving me crazy.

I have now got 2 versions of Arduino, 0018 which was recommended when I bought the board and did work before the new computer was needed.

And the latest version that has worked with all my latest arduino projects.

So what is happening is I have found my old configuration.h file and I want to change the bed thermistor but there is no sanguino board listed even though arduino registers that I have a board connected to com6.

I have copied my arduino 0018 directory from my external but I cannot compile my configuration.h file. The errors are shown in the attached pic. I have also included a pic of my hard drive structure in case this is the problem.

I have downloaded the latest version of sanguino as well as a version 23 recommended from here. [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

I can see sanguino on my old arduino0018 directory and when I run that version, I have a sanguino board but still cannot compile.

The easy solution would be to run my hotbed 17 degrees higher than it reads on pronterface but I will have to compile to the board one day.

Like most things, this is probably an easy solution but it is kicking my but right now so any help appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - arduino errors.jpg (31.4 KB)
open | download - arduino directory structure.jpg (26.6 KB)
June 09, 2014 03:36AM
Use 0023 and see how that goes.

June 11, 2014 02:25PM
Check out this attachment fella. I couldn't upload to my board either when I first started but then I got lcd for it and the guy at think3dprint sent me an how to file I followed to to the letter and bang job done. just ignore the lcd part, hope this helps. did for me winking smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Panelolu2_Melzi_HOWTO_draft.pdf (56.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login